Gossamer Forum
Home : Products : DBMan : Discussions :

Dates-ID Number

Quote Reply
Dates-ID Number
Hello. Im just getting dbman going. two problems. I created a database, 181 records, got it up on the web and dbman has not apparent problems with it. then i noticed that when i Add a new record, it uses the last ID number it seems to know about,like it is ignoring all the records above it that were created by me when i uploaded the new .db file. in this case 78. where do i reset this?

Also, when i tried to modify a record, after making a change to the Title field, i was told there was a problem with the date format, i had to cancel the modify function. any clues?

Quote Reply
Re: Dates-ID Number In reply to
1) Your index.count file is corrupt. Edit the number in that file to the LAST record number in your default.db file, and make sure that you have enabled tracking via the $db_track variable in the default.cfg file.

2) The problem is that if you have the DATE field editable by your users, it will pose problems with editing it since users don't know the format...Two solutions:

a) Use a HIDDEN field in your sub html_record_form, like the following:

Code:

<input type="hidden" name="Date" value="$rec{'Date'}">

b) Add an example of how the format should look, like the following:

Code:

Please enter the following date format: (dd-mmm-yyyy)

Also, if you have edited the DATE subroutines in the default.cfg file, then that may pose problems with modifying existing records with different date formats.

Regards,

Eliot Lee
Quote Reply
Re: Dates-ID Number In reply to
hello. why, if i never edited the date routines, would the format i used be incorrect in the first place? I had the dates auto entered in filemaker when i built the database, using a standard date format. thanks for the reply, by the way.