Gossamer Forum
Home : Products : DBMan : Discussions :

CGI ERROR

Quote Reply
CGI ERROR
I have recently upgraded a website for my client and while doing so moved the old site along with the cgi-bin into a backup folder (most likely a bad idea). When I uploaded the new site and cgi-bin the DBMan broke. Now all I get is a page with a CGI ERROR. I really need some help trying to resolve this issue. I have had my ISP look at it and a programmer friend look at it. My ISP told me that it is related to incorrect charset in default.cfg file.... Can that be right? If it is how do I fix it?

The ERROR message on my page says:
Error Message : Error loading required libraries.
Check that they exist, permissions are set correctly and that they compile.
Reason: default.cfg did not return a true value at db.cgi line 51.

The page url is: bsi-inc.com/hobby/hdealer_bk.html
Quote Reply
Re: [s101] CGI ERROR In reply to
It sounds like you have to wrong paths in the .,cfg file for it. I'm afraid I don't really use DBMan, so don't have a copy to hand. What I'd suggest, is logging into SSH/Telnet, and running:

Code:
cd /path/to/dbman
grep -rl '/old/path/to/it' .

Then see what comes up. Most likely you just need to update the paths for the scripts (as its very unlikely they are the same on the new host)

Cheers

Andy (mod)
andy@ultranerds.co.uk
Want to give me something back for my help? Please see my Amazon Wish List
GLinks ULTRA Package | GLinks ULTRA Package PRO
Links SQL Plugins | Website Design and SEO | UltraNerds | ULTRAGLobals Plugin | Pre-Made Template Sets | FREE GLinks Plugins!
Quote Reply
Re: [Andy] CGI ERROR In reply to
Andy, thanks for the reply honestly, I am unsure of how to do that.
Also, I didn't change host, just put up a new website on the same host.

My ISP said this:
"it looks like that this file is searching for php53, while your site is handled by php 54 version. Please recheck it."

I needed php54 for another newer script on the site to work. Could this be my problem? I did notice that the db.cgi does say that it needs Perl 5.003.

One other thing that I noticed is that the db.cfg file calls for "auth" and not "auth.pl" would that make a difference?
Quote Reply
Hi,

It wont have anything to do with PHP, as this is a Perl script =)

In db.cgi, try changing:

Code:
$db_script_path = ".";

To the full path for DBMan... so like:

Code:
$db_script_path = "/full/path/to/where/script/is";

See if that helps

Quote:
One other thing that I noticed is that the db.cfg file calls for "auth" and not "auth.pl" would that make a difference?

I don't really work with DBMan, but it looks like thats actually a directory:

Code:
# Full path and file name of the authorization directory.
$auth_dir = $db_script_path . "/auth";

Cheers

Andy (mod)
andy@ultranerds.co.uk
Want to give me something back for my help? Please see my Amazon Wish List
GLinks ULTRA Package | GLinks ULTRA Package PRO
Links SQL Plugins | Website Design and SEO | UltraNerds | ULTRAGLobals Plugin | Pre-Made Template Sets | FREE GLinks Plugins!
Quote Reply
i haven't seen this error but here are a few things to check: be sure all the files were uploaded in ascii instead of binary. auth should be a directory/folder in the folder that contains db.cgi. auth folder should have permissions 777. check permissions of all files per dbman installation instructions.

line 51 of original default.cfg is:

require $db_script_path . "/html.pl";

could it be that html.pl is missing?

Last edited by:

delicia: May 3, 2015, 7:57 AM
Quote Reply
You might also might try resaving the .pl or .cgi files and make sure the line endings are unix and not windows or macintosh. I've come across a few scripts where making the change fixed errors.

John
Quote Reply
Thank you for your help.
This worked!
Quote:
To the full path for DBMan... so like:

Code:
$db_script_path = "/full/path/to/where/script/is";