Gossamer Forum
Home : Products : DBMan : Discussions :

Benchmark Problems

Quote Reply
Benchmark Problems
I am having problems with the Benchmark function in Dbman. If I set $db_benchmark = 0; the script flags the error routine but doesn't give a reason for the error. If I set $db_benchmark = 1; the Benchmark data is not printed. If I set $db_benchmark = 0; an error is generated - Dbman still executes but the debugging info is generated with no indication of what caused the error. In either case, if I turn debugging off ($db_debug = 0;) no error is produced and no Benchmark data is printed. I have checked and the Benchmark module is included in the Perl installation on the server. Anyone had a similar problem?

Quote Reply
Re: Benchmark Problems In reply to
Are you uncommenting/commenting the line above?
Code:
# Display Benchmarking Information (1 = Yes, 0 = No).
# use Benchmark; # Uncomment this line if benchmarking is used.
$db_benchmark = 0;
- Mark

Astro-Boy!!
http://www.zip.com.au/~astroboy/
Quote Reply
Couldn't find the line - use Benchmark;, but found - if ($db_benchmark) { eval { require Benchmark; }; in db.cgi. One odd thing I find about it is that even if I comment out all references to Benchmark in the config and db.cgi files, it still flags the error routine.

Quote Reply
Look in the default.cfg file.

Regards,

Eliot Lee
Quote Reply
I couldn't find - use Benchmark; - in the config file so I added it under - $db_benchmark = 1; - Now the script displays the Benchmark info but also displays the error info unless I set - $db_debug = 0; - ??

I downloaded a fresh copy of Dbman to see if I had accidently erased the use Benchmark; line but none existed. Is this command added to support only some server configuations?

Quote Reply
No...you are confusing our advice...what Astroboy suggested is EDITING the $db_benchmark and I simply pointed you to the file to where the config is located.

The use Benchmark; codes ARE in the db.cgi script.

Got it?

Regards,

Eliot Lee