Gossamer Forum
Home : Products : DBMan : Discussions :

A different use of dbman

Quote Reply
A different use of dbman
Hi,

I am trying to use dbman for online order pickup form (just a simple order form without credit card details)

Thanks to JPDeni mods which have walked me half way through my project to accomplish email/retrieve password and permisson guideline. But now am stuck in middle to find a way:-

1) As soon as users log-in they should be able to goto their last added record in modify mode. so that ...

2) Once they goto their respective record they should be able to modify information.

To elaborate more looking for a way once log-in directly goto modify record with last added record pop-up.

Hope someone can give me some advise.

Many thanks.
Quote Reply
Re: [Rashid12] A different use of dbman In reply to
Until you find the perfect solution, I can give you a temporary idea...

1. Install the short/long display mod (and sort by order date) so each user sees a list of most recent orders.

2. Hack the link for the display so that clicking on the order brings it up in modify mode (add something like "modify_record=1" instead of view_record=1).

Good Luck!
Quote Reply
Re: [Rashid12] A different use of dbman In reply to
In the default DBman, following login, the user is directed to sub html_home by this bit of code in db.cgi;

Code:
elsif ((keys(%in) <= 2) ||
($in{'login'})) { &html_home; }
else { &html_unkown_action; }

You could either;

1. Change the html_home to go to a new sub that returns "search results" based on the user's ID etc., (start with the sub html_modify_search and hack away a little at a time).

or

2. kinda like Watts said, a simpler method, make a link in the sub html_home that is an "option" to "modify your lastest record" (start with the modify link in html_footer and add the search criteria).

The Optional method is nice considering what happens if you force the user to the modify form for the lastest record, and the user has no record? Just depends how flexible you want to be with the users (ie predict the user's desires)

edit: So I think this was covered before,

http://www.jpdeni.com/dbman/Mods/autosearch.txt

Last edited by:

joematt: Apr 7, 2003, 8:33 AM
Post deleted by Rashid12 In reply to