Gossamer Forum
Home : Products : DBMan : Customization :

update configurator

Quote Reply
update configurator
does anyone here have any contact with jpdeni? i would like to update the configurator to generate a css version of the user friendly html. i read that she has "left the forums" so i don't know if she still has any interest in the dbman stuff. i would be glad to host if she's tired of it. or i would be glad to create a css version of her configurator code and give it back to her to host if she wants. ??
Quote Reply
Re: [delicia] update configurator In reply to
Are you thinking of having the configurator only generate a css version or just have another option to to generate another version. Personally I would not want to only have the option of using css. Also there are so many references to the original dbman files and all the modifications, that it may cause much confusion to replace the original with something new.

Just my opinion, but perhaps you could just create a mod for people to use if they want to add css to their database page diisplays. I'm thinking perhaps the SQL version uses css?

Unoffical DBMan FAQ

http://creativecomputingweb.com/dbman/index.shtml/
Quote Reply
Re: [LoisC] update configurator In reply to
i was thinking of adding css as a choice in case some people still want to use font tags. it's just a pain to search and replace to remove the font tags when i use the configurator. pretty lazy, huh? but i don't believe in reinventing the wheel. since jpdeni already has a great tool, it doesn't make sense for me to write a configurator of my own from scratch. if i could modify hers, i would be happy to share it or give it to her to share.