Gossamer Forum
Home : Products : DBMan : Customization :

review articles

Quote Reply
review articles
using sql/new installation

I would like to set-up a db with functionality similar to what Chris071371 had used for the "restaurant report" section of WFMY-TV's website.

I have reviewed Stefan Pettersson's NewsAdmin mod (in resource center) and do not think that mod would work. (correct me if wrong)

Is there a resource available which would help me identify changes needed in the sql version to allow for:

Auth user submits article (auth user to be registered user)
Admin reviews & authorizes article
Article short display on page with title linked to full article.

If someone could please help me out on this, I would be more than happy to document everything so the set-up/start-up could be added to the resource center for other new users.

------------------
~ ~ ~ ~ ~
Karen
Quote Reply
Re: review articles In reply to
Just a suggestion...Create another table called "reviews". Then you would go through the similar steps you created the main dbman tables to create this new table.

Then I would recommend using a separate stand alone script that will add data into the reviews table.

As a model, check out Widgetz's Review Mod for LINKS.

If you need help, contact one of the installers in the DBMAN Section of the Resource Center.

Regards,

------------------
Eliot Lee
Anthro TECH,L.L.C
www.anthrotech.com
* Be sure to visit the Resource Center for FAQ's, Modifications and Extra Goodies!!
* Say NO to Duplicate Threads. :)
----------------------

Quote Reply
Thank you Eliot - I will check on the links review mod in the resource center.
Quote:
If you need help, contact one of the installers in the DBMAN Section of the Resource Center.
I would really prefer to learn how to do some of this myself with guidance via the "support" forum available with this product. I realize that most people who are contributing in the forums are volunteering their time, effort and resources - The efforts are very much appreciated.

The product however is new - there are no readme files or help files on getting started or on customizing for functionality. The resource area is loaded with resources - for the standard versions, not for the sql version. If there is someone willing to help me get started with customizing, it would very much be appreciated. Thanks!

(Incidentally, I have contacted a couple of the installers and have run into schedule conflicts and/or they are not using the sql version.)

------------------
~ ~ ~ ~ ~
Karen
Quote Reply
What I would recommend is contact one of the other DBMAN SQL users (search this forum and the Installation Forum for Threads that have SQL questions in them).

I did speak to Alex about two months ago about creating a separate forum for DBMAN SQL. But he told me that there are not enough DBMAN SQL users to create another forum.

In terms of SQL coding, I would recommend searching and using the LINKS SQL forum. Since the two scripts are similarly structured in both the regular and SQL versions, you may find helpful hints in that forum!

Regards,

------------------
Eliot Lee
Anthro TECH,L.L.C
www.anthrotech.com
* Be sure to visit the Resource Center for FAQ's, Modifications and Extra Goodies!!
* Say NO to Duplicate Threads. :)
----------------------