Gossamer Forum
Home : Products : DBMan : Customization :

problem in exportXL

Quote Reply
problem in exportXL
Hello everyone,

after executing exportXL, i find that only the heading can be view in EXCEL (e.g. name, test, examination), but all data of the records are missing (e.g. data in record 1 should be John, 88, 81)
can anyone help me, since if the problem can be solved, i can calculate the total marks of the students easily by using Excel. THanks a lot
Quote Reply
Re: problem in exportXL In reply to
Just curious if you got an answer to this problem. I'm currently installing this mod and am having the same problem. I'm searching the forum and came upon your question. If you have an answer to it, can you please post it?

I'll continue my search, and if I get the answer I'll add it onto this thread.

Thanks

Conor Treacy
-----
www.HandsonWebDesign.com
Quote Reply
Well, I was using the mod and there was no problem export the results. The only problem was that the textarea fields were too big on the excel spreedsheet. Perhaps you can copy out the codes of the mod and paste it on the forum. Better yet save the affected files as .txt on your server and give the link to the .txt files so that people can see what's worng with it?

Well, at least that is what I do everytime I run into problems. The people here will take a look and will usually be able to find out what's wrong.

Julian
Quote Reply
Vampy,
I can't provide a link to this server as it's on an intranet, but here is what happens.

When i click export to excel, the window opens up asking if I want to open the excel file or just save it to disk. I've tried both, and it opens/saves a file called db.xls. from there, this is what I get:

Code:

<html>
<head>
<title>Trouble Report Database: Search Results.</title>
</head>
<body>

<TABLE CELLPADDING=0 CELLSPACING=0 BORDER=1 BGCOLOR="#FFFFCC">
<tr>
<th width="255"> <font face="verdana,arial,helvetica" size="2"><font color="navy">Record Number</font></font></th><th width="255"> <font face="verdana,arial,helvetica" size="2"><font color="navy">Station Name</font></font></th><th width=
Again, this is in the Excel file. I've noticed people talking about a link that appears, then they click it and then they open excel... I don't get that option. I've set the paths correctly, and created the directory using both the 755 and then i tried the 777, but to no avail. I don't get any CGI errors or anything else, nor do i notice a .csv file being created, but maybe it's deleted before I can view it?

Thanks for any help anyone can toss me.

Conor Treacy
-----
www.HandsonWebDesign.com
Quote Reply
What I needed is the actual script that you have installed. I can't do anything with the output of the script.
As to the part about not being able to find a link to click on to export the data, maybe you would like to check back with the original script you downloaded from here at the resource page.

Paste the script that you added into your database in your next reply and I'll see whether I can figure what is wrong with it.

No promise though as I'm learning the script as well.

Julian
Quote Reply
Well i've gotten a little further than I had yesterday. Today i decided to start over from a backup of the ".pl" file and the "db.cgi" file. I copied everything over as instructed (which apparently I must have missed something last time), And the thing WORKS!!! BUT...... (yeah I know, leave it alone Conor, it's working!)....
Here is my new little problem that maybe you have heard of. When I press to open the EXCEL file, it builds the file and then opens up Excel. so far, so good.

Then I get an error "Compile error in hidden module: RegistrationDB"

I get two options... OK and HELP. I click ok and the file opens up and everything looks great. When i go to close the file, again I get the same error. If I click the HELP, i get a message saying that I haven't installed that part yet etc.

I know it's working, and have no problem clicking OK, but I'm curious to see if anyone has experienced this, or knows how to fix it?

One more thing.... by default I have the records display set to 25 records per page. Is there a way in the EXPORT button to tell it to display 300 records other than typing 300 into the records display box?

DBMan is something I've been playing with since November, and although I seldom post much, I'm always lurking about :) Thanks for any help you can send me..

Conor Treacy
-----
www.HandsonWebDesign.com