Gossamer Forum
Home : Products : DBMan : Customization :

Upload multi file mod

Quote Reply
Upload multi file mod
Hi

I have installed the multi file upload mod and all seem to be working fine except I cant work out how to update the file name in the DB record when I modify a record.

What I have done is when someone adds a record they can upload up to 5 attachment, when the record is submitted the attachment name.

eg test.doc is save to a field called $rec{'file1'} in the DB's and so on for the next 4 remaining file.

My problem is when try to modify a record eg deleting or attaching more file the DB record isn't updating. I have installed the standard mod.

Any idea why this is happening or is the mod functioning correctly.?
Quote Reply
Re: [cwilcox] Upload multi file mod In reply to
The multiple file upload mod doesn't store the image filenames within the database.

The mod creates a directory for the files with a name to match the key value of the associated record.

When you modify or delete record it searches for the graphics within the directory it created when you added a record and not the database itself.

Are the images displaying correctly?

Unoffical DBMan FAQ

http://creativecomputingweb.com/dbman/index.shtml/
Quote Reply
Re: [LoisC] Upload multi file mod In reply to
Hi loisC,

Thanks for the quick reply and the great help.

The mod is displaying the images correctly, I was wondering if it would be possible to update the file names which I store in the DB record when the file is deleted or modified. I managed to store the file names when the record is addded ok.

If it is possible how would it be done.?

Thanks.
Quote Reply
Re: [cwilcox] Upload multi file mod In reply to
This isn't something I have done myself, but have you by any chance checked the DBMAN FAQ under the category images to see if there are any tips there?

I just added a numerous amount of new threads and some did deal with variations of the image upload. If I remember correctly at least one dealt with working with filenames (.doc files)

The newest records added should be marked to locate easily.

Unoffical DBMan FAQ

http://creativecomputingweb.com/dbman/index.shtml/