Gossamer Forum
Home : Products : DBMan : Customization :

Unsuccessful search continues - any help appreciated!

Quote Reply
Unsuccessful search continues - any help appreciated!
Well, everyone seems stumped by the problem I'm having. DBMan worked beautifully for a while and then in tightening up the layout somehow my search got messed up.

When I choose a selection from one drop down, and a selection from another drop down, I don't get those items exclusively.

I went through html.pl carefully, and uploaded db.cgi again to make sure I hadn't messed that up -- to no avail.

I've tried all of the suggestions given to me but nothing works yet! I'd be ETERNALLY grateful to whomever could find the problem!

Please see:

www.tasteofbrooklyn.com/tob/cgi-bin/dbman/main3.html

www.tasteofbrooklyn.com/tob/cgi-bin/dbman/html.pl

Thanks!

Lenny

------------------
Catalyst for the new millenium

[This message has been edited by CyborgNY (edited October 04, 1999).]

[This message has been edited by CyborgNY (edited October 04, 1999).]
Quote Reply
Re: Unsuccessful search continues - any help appreciated! In reply to
Did you make any changes to your .cfg file? Maybe it would be a good idea if you made that file available, too.

------------------
JPD

Quote Reply
Oh, yes my default .cfg is:

www.tasteofbrooklyn.com/tob/cgi-bin/dbman/default.cfg

I really haven't changed anything there except to ad a Price field (which I am not concerned with yet)

Thanks.

Lenny
Quote Reply
I see a couple of problems in your .cfg file, although I don't know if they are the cause of your problem.

I find your two-fields-per-line field definition interesting. I don't know if it's a problem, but I would place each field on its own line.

Your Neighborhood and Cuisine select fields need to be worked on. You need to have all of the options on the same line for each select field.

Code:
%db_select_fields = (
Price=> '$,$$,$$$,$$$$',
Neighborhood=> 'Brooklyn Heights,Carroll Gardens,Cobble Hill,Downtown,D.U.M.B.O.,Fulton Landing,Park Slope',
Cuisine=>
'American,Asian,Bistro,Cajun,French,Fusion,Indian,Italian,Middle Eastern,Spanish'
);

See if this helps at all.

------------------
JPD

Quote Reply
Yes, all of that helped, but primarily, it was one pesky line someone else had suggested that was causing the problem, I had to remove:

$in{'ma'} = "on";

in query subroutine of db.cgi

I didn't even realize that! Though you'd like to know!

AAAhhhhhhh....

Thanks again.

Lenny

P.S. Believe it or not my search descriptors ARE on the same line, I just can bet my Mac telnet app to display wider! I'm working on it.

[This message has been edited by CyborgNY (edited October 05, 1999).]