Gossamer Forum
Home : Products : DBMan : Customization :

The page cannot be displayed

Quote Reply
The page cannot be displayed
We are using DBMan in our Intranet server for tests, and it works fine, also we are using it in an Internet Server, and it works fine too; but when we moved the script to another server, to an iserver.net, the script returns a "page cannot be displayed" error when we try to view all records.
What's the problem?
frustrated!
Thanks,
Olger Hernandez B
programs@edenia.com

------------------
Quote Reply
Re: The page cannot be displayed In reply to
Hmm...Sounds like a server configuration problem to me...if it is already working on two other servers.

Contact your hosting company.

Wink

Regards,

------------------
Eliot Lee
Anthro TECH,L.L.C
www.anthrotech.com
----------------------

Quote Reply
Re: [Olger] The page cannot be displayed In reply to
Having a similar problem, when viewing records. Running the dbman script on a server that has several versions of it also running with no problem.

I can add, modify, view all, etc. However if I do "view search" and type in anything in a field I get a "Page cannot be displayed error" - however if I simply click 'refresh' then the records come up. I thought it was some wacky data so I nuked my db file and added some "fresh" test record but it still does it.

Anyone experience this before?
Quote Reply
Re: [Watts] The page cannot be displayed In reply to
I've traced the problem to this chunk of the html.pl
html_record_form:

Code:
<P><B><$font>Primary Investors</B>
<TABLE CELLPADDING="0" CELLSPACING="0" BORDER="0">
<TR><TD><$font><INPUT TYPE="text" NAME="PrimaryInvestor1" VALUE="$rec{'PrimaryInvestor1'}" SIZE="30" MAXLENGTH="200"></TD><TD><$font>&nbsp;<INPUT TYPE="text" NAME="PrimaryInvestor2" VALUE="$rec{'PrimaryInvestor2'}" SIZE="30" MAXLENGTH="200"></TD></TR>
<TR><TD><$font><INPUT TYPE="text" NAME="PrimaryInvestor3" VALUE="$rec{'PrimaryInvestor3'}" SIZE="30" MAXLENGTH="200"></TD><TD><$font>&nbsp;<INPUT TYPE="text" NAME="PrimaryInvestor4" VALUE="$rec{'PrimaryInvestor4'}" SIZE="30" MAXLENGTH="200"></TD></TR>
<TR><TD><$font><INPUT TYPE="text" NAME="PrimaryInvestor5" VALUE="$rec{'PrimaryInvestor5'}" SIZE="30" MAXLENGTH="200"></TD><TD><$font>&nbsp;<INPUT TYPE="text" NAME="PrimaryInvestor6" VALUE="$rec{'PrimaryInvestor6'}" SIZE="30" MAXLENGTH="200"></TD></TR>
<TR><TD><$font><INPUT TYPE="text" NAME="PrimaryInvestor7" VALUE="$rec{'PrimaryInvestor7'}" SIZE="30" MAXLENGTH="200"></TD><TD><$font>&nbsp;<INPUT TYPE="text" NAME="PrimaryInvestor8" VALUE="$rec{'PrimaryInvestor8'}" SIZE="30" MAXLENGTH="200"></TD></TR>
<TR><TD><$font><INPUT TYPE="text" NAME="PrimaryInvestor9" VALUE="$rec{'PrimaryInvestor9'}" SIZE="30" MAXLENGTH="200"></TD><TD><$font>&nbsp;<INPUT TYPE="text" NAME="PrimaryInvestor10" VALUE="$rec{'PrimaryInvestor10'}" SIZE="30" MAXLENGTH="200"></TD></TR>
</TABLE>

And here is the corresponding part of default.cfg:

Code:
'PrimaryInvestor1' => [28, 'alpha', 40, 255, 0, '', ''],
'PrimaryInvestor2' => [29, 'alpha', 40, 255, 0, '', ''],
'PrimaryInvestor3' => [30, 'alpha', 40, 255, 0, '', ''],
'PrimaryInvestor4' => [31, 'alpha', 40, 255, 0, '', ''],
'PrimaryInvestor5' => [32, 'alpha', 40, 255, 0, '', ''],
'PrimaryInvestor6' => [33, 'alpha', 40, 255, 0, '', ''],
'PrimaryInvestor7' => [34, 'alpha', 40, 255, 0, '', ''],
'PrimaryInvestor8' => [35, 'alpha', 40, 255, 0, '', ''],
'PrimaryInvestor9' => [36, 'alpha', 40, 255, 0, '', ''],
'PrimaryInvestor10' => [37, 'alpha', 40, 255, 0, '', ''],

(sorry for the big scrolling post)

If I delete (or remark/comment) out the table in my form, the view search will take me right to the record requested.

If I leave that part of the table in then view search returns the "page not found" error, but refreshing brings up the record anyway.

If I search and include one of the above fields as well (*) then I get the "page not found" error - however refreshing does NOT bring up the record(s) but instead returns the "page not found" error again.

I tried removing PrimaryInvestor10 thinking it was causing a problem with PrimaryInvestor1 - but it didn't seem to make a difference.

Any suggestions? I'm sure it going to be something simple.
Quote Reply
Re: [Watts] The page cannot be displayed In reply to
Watts:

It could just be a matter of not closing your font tags?

Notice here:

<$font>Primary Investors</B>

and then within each of the table cells you have an opening font tag but not any closing </font> tags. Change that and see if it makes a difference. I know sounds too simple but html errors can cause some wacky problems :)

Unoffical DBMan FAQ

http://creativecomputingweb.com/dbman/index.shtml/
Quote Reply
Re: [LoisC] The page cannot be displayed In reply to
Normally I'm not so sloppy with HTML but search and replace can sometimes have unintended consequences. Blush

Unfortunatly it didn't help.

My solution was to change the field names from "PrimaryInvestor1" to "PriInv1" (etc) and that seems to have solved the problem.

Why? I don't know. It's just one of those things. Crazy