Gossamer Forum
Home : Products : DBMan : Customization :

Secure Password Lookup Mod

Quote Reply
Secure Password Lookup Mod
I'm back at it again. I've been trying to install the secure password mod and am having problems. I attempted to add it to my existing database and that wouldn't work, so I've even tried to set up the original demo and add it to that and have had no luck. I've installed the basic mod and the html part for the default.html file. I believe I've included everything, even the two individual lines in the db.cgi and the lines of the default.cfg file. When I bring up DBMan, the main screen show fine and has the added links to sign up for a username and to have a password e-mailed to you. When you click the signup link, you get the new signup screen with the username and e-mail links. Unfortunately when you submit those two you get an internal server error. The login name and e-mail are being written to the password file, but other than that it doesn't work. Any suggestions? I can post the files if you want them, but they are the basic files with the mods in them (trust me I don't doubt I could have screwed up the copying but it happened both times I tried on different configurations). Thanks for any help.

Quote Reply
Re: Secure Password Lookup Mod In reply to
I have used that mod with no problems...if your getting the password written to the file, then the form IS processing the data.

Are you sure you have the proper path to your sendmail program?

Quote Reply
Thanks for your reply dB Masters. I didn't include the ' -t -oeq' that JPDeni has at the end of her sendmail address. Can anyone tell me what that is and or means. I know my sendmail is at usr/sbin/sendmail but have never seen the rest of that. Regardless, when I threw it on, it worked. Thanks

Quote Reply
Well, I can't tell you what it means, but I can tell you that it is necessary...but then, you just figured that out:-)

Quote Reply
There was a Thread in the Perl/CGI Forum about two weeks ago that discussed this.

Either click on the following link:

-t sendmail

OR search http://www.perl.com for docs that discuss this in greater detail.

Regards,

Eliot Lee