Gossamer Forum
Home : Products : DBMan : Customization :

Returning the favor to JPDeni. Let's all chip in!

Quote Reply
Returning the favor to JPDeni. Let's all chip in!
As you all know, JPDeni (Carol) has helped so many of us here in the Forum. Many of us benefit financially for the free work that she does for us.

Even though she is totally booked with work, she still manages to help us all who lack in Perl knowledge. She has helped us with over 3,000 posts!

Last week she wouldn't accept any money for helping me with a side project, but I'm sending it anyways.

If anyone else has benefited from JPDeni's help, I encourage you to send her something for her hard work. I believe she also likes gift certificates from amazon.com Smile
www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/gc-order1/002-3693739-0184237

I think I speak for everyone when I say we really appreciate your help! It would be a shame to lose you from this forum. Thank you Carol. We all appreciate you very much.

[This message has been edited by Katana Man (edited August 15, 1999).]
Quote Reply
Re: Returning the favor to JPDeni. Let's all chip in! In reply to
Gee, James, I'm gettin' all misty!

Thank you.

------------------
JPD

Quote Reply
Hear, Hear!!

How do we send ya some gift certificates, Carol?? I would like to send ya some for your time and patience.

Could you please email me a postal address where I can send you the gift certificates?

Smile

Forget it, Carol...I used your email address to send you the gift certificate...You should receive it soon.

Smile

Thanks.

Regards,

------------------
Eliot Lee
Founder and Editor
Anthro TECH, L.L.C
http://www.anthrotech.com/
info@anthrotech.com
==========================
Coconino Community College
http://www.coco.cc.az.us/
Web Technology
Coordinator
elee@coco.cc.az.us

[This message has been edited by Eliot (edited August 15, 1999).]
Quote Reply
Thank you, Eliot. It is certainly not necessary, but there are some books and CDs I'd really like to have. Smile

------------------
JPD

Quote Reply
Seriously, you deserve it...The gift certificate pales in comparision to the appreciation I feel towards you for your patience, effective solutions, and also Perl knowledge.

Smile

Regards,

------------------
Eliot Lee
Founder and Editor
Anthro TECH, L.L.C
http://www.anthrotech.com/
info@anthrotech.com
==========================
Coconino Community College
http://www.coco.cc.az.us/
Web Technology
Coordinator
elee@coco.cc.az.us
Quote Reply
Hi,

I have been away from the country for some time now. Upon my return I have seen JP's new site, and all the great help she has given everyone. It is virtually impossible to find the help she has given us ANYWHERE! Even if I was to pay for support with some other company, I still wouldn't get the patience and knowledge like we are getting from JP.

I think we definitely have to return this favor to JP. I don't know about the rest of you guys, but I know for a fact that without her, I would not know the first thing about DBman, or any other Database.

Even though I have sent a gift to carol not too long ago, I will definitely send her something again. Like Katana Man, I too encourage everyone to do the same. We must show our appreciation for all of JP's time and efforts.

Thanks
Eli
Quote Reply
I'm in!
I'm about 6 days old in the world of cgi, Perl, and dbman, and I already feel a huge obligation to you Carol.
Big thanks!
Quote Reply
Not a problem, I agree with every thing said here and more.
Without JPD's help, I(and a lot of others), would be totally lost when it comes to Perl. When she went away after she was sick, not much work got done on this BBS.
So as soon as I can I'll be chipping in.
Every one else, please do the same to show your appreciation.

bob
Quote Reply
Hi JP

I would say thanks for your help!
a little gift is on its way Smile

regards
HP
Quote Reply
I came across dbman awhile back, downloaded it and tried to create a database but finally gave up. I came back this week found the JPDeni tutorial and now I have a working db. A question I posted to this forum was quickly answered by JPDeni. And with the mods found on her site I think I will have a db that will function exactly the way I want. So I give a big thanks (and a gift certificate) to you Carol.
Quote Reply
I can only agree with everyone else.
I wouldn't have been able to get my site to work in the short time that I have without your help Carol.
A very big thank you from me over here in Sweden.

C.
Quote Reply
It's great to see all of these responses. Let's keep this message up near the top for all to see Smile