Gossamer Forum
Home : Products : DBMan : Customization :

Mass Mailer and boolean

Quote Reply
Mass Mailer and boolean
The new Mass Mailer mod is very nice. Can anyone offer a likely direction toward augmenting the mod to support boolean searching? (So that one can e-mail based on more than one criteria?) I have some facility with Perl,but it's been a while since I've nosed around in dbman.
Quote Reply
Re: Mass Mailer and boolean In reply to
I might be able to help you if I had any understanding of the boolean mod at all. But I don't. Smile

(You are talking about the internal mass mailer, right?)

However, since the mailer uses sub query to find the records, it would seem that, if you had installed the boolean mod, it would already work the way you want it to. Unless there is something in the boolean mod that changes the way records are returned.

------------------
JPD

Quote Reply
Re: Mass Mailer and boolean In reply to
JPD is exactly right. If you do an individual field search, such as email, and if you pass "bool=and" in your search form, it will search just that field for all your search terms. Just install the boolean MOD code as explained ( http://leisurelee.net/boolean.html ). Except where it gives the three examples of how to write a boolean search page, change keyword to whatever the name is of your email field.

Hope this helps. Smile

--Lee