Gossamer Forum
Home : Products : DBMan : Customization :

God Bless JPDeni

Quote Reply
God Bless JPDeni
The last post to any dbman forums that I have found by JPDeni was on 20-Aug-00. Prior to this, she was by far the most active and helpful individual in this forum.

I just recently saw where she responded to email from someone stating she could no longer handle dbman issues on a personal basis. This concerns me terribly.

From her web site, I have summized that she has had her share of struggles recently in her life; was the overwelming responsibility of moderating this forum yet another?

God bless JPDeni for all that she's done (for me and, most certainly, others) and I hope that all is well for her. Her absence from this board is truly a tremendous loss, but I have no doubt there is good reason. I only wish I knew what that was...

Quote Reply
Re: God Bless JPDeni In reply to
Hear, Hear !!!

I am as concerened as everyone but,...
the reason of her absence is/must be personal, in the recent past she'd given a reason (back problems) when she was away for a while.
If she decides not to give a reason this time I think we should respect that and leave it there.

Close Watch
LyricZ http://www.e-lyricz.com
NL
Quote Reply
In Reply To:
God bless JPDeni for all that she's done (for me and, most certainly, others) and I hope that all is well for her.
JPDeni is without a doubt, one the most helpful and knowledgeable people I have ever seen in any kind of support forum - and she did all this tirelessly, without being hyper-critical, condescending, arrogant or outright rude. Ironic isn't it though that I'd be willing to bet that anyone who has been in Gossamer forums for any length of time knows exactly the person who encompasses all of those negative qualities...

We all think You're the best JPDeni!!! and we wish you the best in everything!

easy does it
Quote Reply
And for those new to the forum the evidence of how great JPDeni was is clearly evident in the Unofficial DBMan FAQ.

She has provided endless solutions for the applications people came up with for DBMan.

Knowing she would perhaps be absent again is why the DBMan FAQ was created. Her knowledge and gentle teaching of this script is contained within all the referenced threads.

I am hoping at this point others will hang around and help newbies and all forum members will work together to keep this a great forum.

I'd also like to take this opportunity to thank Karen for all the help she has been providing to the forum. Thank you Karen it is very much appreciated Smile

Unoffical DBMan FAQ
http://webmagic.hypermart.net/dbman/
Quote Reply
Don't forget AstroBoy (Mark)...He's been helping alot too.

Regards,

Michael DeLong
Quote Reply
Having been a lurker in these forums for a lengthy time, I am humbled to even have my name come up at all when acknowledging JPDeni's contributions.

If she happens to peek in, Carol, please know your knowledge of these scripts has been an invaluable resource and the degree of involvement given freely to this community has been a priceless gift.

Hopefully more of the hundreds (thousands?) of database customizations which you have helped (and/or solely) created will be brought back to this community so others can also share - that would truly be the way to honor JPDeni and her efforts, in my opinion.

Unfortunately, I've seen it over and over again where someone states they'll make the completed mod available, yet, JPDeni and others repeatedly have to go thru the entire process with yet another user because the resource hasn't been made available.

JPDeni - nor anyone else, can do it all. JPDeni focuses and works on problem resolution within the code and creates the routines to accomplish the requested task. It takes the efforts of those obtaining the assistance that once their db customization is complete, to provide a copy of the modified scripts for others to use.

A community of knowledge & experience thrives only when there is a willingness by all participants to share.

Hopefully, even if people are unwilling to share the actual modified scripts, they will take the initiative to backtrack thru their posts and document the changes which were completed for the desired results and place that documentation in the resource center. JPDeni took the time to do a one-on-one communication to assist with your modifications. Please take the time to document those steps (break it out of the one-on-one discussions) and make it available for others.

JPDeni, you're a wonderful lady. You've touched a lot of lives, coding has been the least of your impact within this forum. Take care.

Karen

Quote Reply
All these (kind) words gave me the feeling that she had passed away or something.

Anyay I've mailed here the following:
------------------------------------
Dear Carol /JPD,

Can't help but notice that you have been away from the forum of DBMAN for a while now.
Ofcourse you don't owe anybody any explenation whatsoever.

But you have touched a lot of people there and a lot of us are very concerned about your well being.

Would you concider please to post a statement to the forum, saying that you are well or something?

On behalf of your friends at the forum.

With kind regards,
Beert Schrijver / aka close_watch
----------------------------------------

JPD's response is here:
http://gossamer-threads.com/...w=collapsed&sb=5

Close Watch
LyricZ http://www.e-lyricz.com
NL