Gossamer Forum
Home : Products : DBMan : Customization :

Dissapearing Passwords...help!

Quote Reply
Dissapearing Passwords...help!
Hello again all,

My dbman has been running as should the last couple of weeks until yesterday when something strange happened.

I tried to login as the admin and got an invalid password return instead.

When I checked the default.pass everything was gone except for the last user who had signed up for an account.

Has anyone else experienced this strange and disasterous problem!

As I said I have not done any mods the last two weeks and all was working fine.

The only thing I did the day before was create a new account for myself as user(in addition to my admin account) as I wanted to check if a user could access his own unvalidated records. When creating the user account I received an invalid email address return as I had used the same email as the admin, but this is what the secure password mod is supposed to do.

I cannot imagine that the default.pass was hacked as if someone was able to get access to my cgi-bin they would have done more damage if that was the intention.

Luckily I had made a backup and could upload an older default.pass so that I could get access again as admin. However I have lost all the accounts created in the last two weeks.

Regards,
HJ

------------------
Henk Jan Buchel
Classic Boatworld
http://classicboatworld.net
Quote Reply
Re: Dissapearing Passwords...help! In reply to
Might run a search on password problems
I believe I read a post somewhere about that.
I guess I need to look in to it, I'm using that mod too. Or you might try to duplcate the problem find out what is cousing it.

By the way your site is looks really good.

Charlie...