Gossamer Forum
Home : Products : DBMan : Customization :

Delete users - automatically

Quote Reply
Delete users - automatically
Hi, I found this code in the post:

http://www.gossamer-threads.com/perl/forum/showthreaded.pl?Cat=&Board=DBCust&Number=90460&page=&view=&sb=&vc=1#Post90460

But - How do I modify the code so that users with admin permission are kept in the .pass file. I do not want my slef (admin) to be deleted :) when the code is executed.

-Yob Angie

Quote Reply
Re: Delete users - automatically In reply to
Incidentally, I'm trying to install this mod, but after i add it to my html.pl and tried to execute it, it always gives me an error message saying, Unkown action. How do you install it and how did you execute it from the main menu?

Julian
Quote Reply
I made a new sub routine in html.pl. (I do not make a query to db.cgi)

sub delete_users {
<insert the code>
}

In the admin display part of html.pl just before the page bottom is written, insert the line

&delete_users;

Then, every time you log on as admin, the code is executed.
and you see the userids of the deleted. Need a little html formatting, perhaps.

-Yob

Quote Reply
Thanks. Did you manage to solve your problem. I'll try mine and I'll let you know how it went.

Julian
Quote Reply
This does not delete the admin account?

Quote Reply
Oh, yes the admid is still being deleted.

I can not figure out how to change the code so that users with permissions :1:1:1:1:1: (in the .pass file) not are deleted?

Suggestions?

-Yob Angie

Quote Reply
I have installed this mod, and with a little HTML manipulation it will fit my needs exactly. I will simply make sure my admins have a record so they don't get deleted.

A question, can this be set to perform automatically at certain intervals or at certain times? I'm adding this to make maintenance easier, I might as well make it totally automatic.

I would like it to perform at 3AM every morning, what would I need to do to the script?

www.meltedmonitor.com | www.vtecengines.com | www.nwstreetracing.com | www.unnatural.org