Gossamer Forum
Home : Products : DBMan : Customization :

Cross Reference Email Addresses

Quote Reply
Cross Reference Email Addresses
Hi all.....
Has anyone got a script that will cross reference the email addresses in the password.db with the email addresses in the default.db. If an email address in the password.pass is not found in the the default.db it will delete it from the password.pass. My password.pass is getting very large...and the thought of trying to do this manually is overwhelming....any input would be appreciated..thanks Rob

Quote Reply
Re: Cross Reference Email Addresses In reply to
donm and JPDeni worked on this type of add-on awhile back. I believe if you search for check records donm, you might be able to find the Thread(s) that cover this topic.

Also, I believe that LoisC has a link to this topic in her nice DBMAN Unofficial FAQ web site, which is linked many times in this forum and also in the Resource Center.

Regards,

Eliot Lee

Quote Reply
Re: Cross Reference Email Addresses In reply to
Actually the mod that Carol and I worked on checked to see if the userID in password file had added a record to the DB.

If no record was found it returned a listing of the UserID/Email addresses that had no associated records in the DB to the screen. The UserID's that were identified as having no record would then have to be manually removed from the pass file. We did not get to finish having the mod auto-remove them.

You should be able to find the thread using "Verify Records" as your search terms.

----------------
donm