Gossamer Forum
Home : Products : DBMan : Customization :

search 2 dbs returns one dbs records first?

Quote Reply
search 2 dbs returns one dbs records first?
Newbie Incoming!

So I have one HTML customized db which I'll call "Gold" and one that uses the default 'out of the box' look (which I happen to like very much)which I'll call Silver.

Anyway, I've trolled just about all of the mods but can't find exactly what I'm looking for so I'll use the short/long display as an example:

Is it possible to have a search on both - two different -databases and return "Gold" listings first? Using the S/L display mod for example, users could then click to go to the full display; whether it be Gold or Silver. It's just that I need the search results to display "gold" listings first.

Clear as mud?

Lance

Quote Reply
Re: search 2 dbs returns one dbs records first? In reply to
After you seach on 'Gold' change the $db_setup to 'Silver' and concact it together.

Quote Reply
Atlas.

In Reply To:
After you seach on 'Gold' change the $db_setup to 'Silver' and concact it together.
It's Greek to me. I find reference to "$db_setup" in db.cgi.

In Reply To:
# Load the form information and set the config file and userid.
local(%in) = &parse_form;
$in{'db'} ? ($db_setup = $in{'db'}) : ($db_setup = 'default');
and then below that:

In Reply To:
unless ($db_setup =~ /^[A-Za-z0-9]+$/) { die "Invalid config file name: $db_setup"; }
But I don't follow what you mean. What it is really, is Gold is a db of listings where a company has been "verified". that is provided proof of insurance, etc. and they will have a customized listing with their logo, etc.

Silver is a db that I'm going to dump listings in that come from a mailing list. I would like users to be able to search both db's with one query for say, for Electricians, have the results from both db's display - again - just as an example - in the short/long mod with the hits from the Gold db display first and the hits from the Silver db display after Gold. A user would then be able to view a listing in whatever db the listing happens to reside.

L.

Quote Reply
I think you may need to use the relational mod to get the display you desire.

You may want to search the FAQ noted below under the sections "Searching" and also "Files / Records"

You might find ideas and suggestion amongst the various listings.

Unoffical DBMan FAQ
http://webmagic.hypermart.net/dbman/