Gossamer Forum
Home : Products : DBMan : Customization :

Write a related value to a different file

Quote Reply
Write a related value to a different file
Have had the relational mod working fine for quite some time now. What I would like to do is to write the related data into a field on a separate db file. E.g. display the related order on the customer record (basic relational) then write the related order header (counter and name) to a field(s) on the customer record.

I suspect I would need some form of batch to complete this but am a bit stuck. Anyone got any ideas?

Thanks,
Rob

Quote Reply
Re: Write a related value to a different file In reply to
Anyone?
Smile

Quote Reply
I'm confused at trying to understand what you are wanting to do. You might need to draw a picture here with examples.

Are you wanting to just display the fields or actually write the data from one database to another?

Unoffical DBMan FAQ
http://webmagic.hypermart.net/dbman/
Quote Reply
I need to take the counter from one file and write it (and another field) into another database. I have relational working fine for display, but I need to write two values from one file into another. All realtionships are based on userid.
Any clearer? Smile

Quote Reply
Just realised that I can't do what I want that way :(

If I write a related record to the other file how do I tell which of the "many" is the correct record? A user could have many related items, how do I get two many files to have the correct related item written to the file! Frown