Gossamer Forum
Home : Products : DBMan : Customization :

Order of Field output from records

Quote Reply
Order of Field output from records
My apologies if this is posted in the wrong forum.

I am looking for information on if it is possible to display mixed fields from mixed records. Well, that is clear as mud! Unsure

What I am looking to do is have fields output similar to this (I am using the printout mod to create reports):

Field_1 (record_1)
Field_1 (record_2)
Field_1 (record_3)

Field_2 (record_1)
Field_2 (record_2)
Field_2 (record_3)

Any clues or directions to follow? Thanx a lot, in advance.

John
Quote Reply
Re: [jlamphear] Order of Field output from records In reply to
I believe there is a Category MOD that will "group" items based on field# like you want.

Also - on the Archive MOD hack you're thinking of, check out the email MODs and see if any of those will work for you. There just may be an Email selected records MOD or something, not really sure.

Whatever you end up doing be sure and comment your changes in the script (#comment) and then you can post your MOD here for others to use.
Quote Reply
Re: [Watts] Order of Field output from records In reply to
Watts! Thanx again for your guidance. I will try looking for the Catagories mod and see what I can do with it. I have the archive mod working and am looking at a way to insert the preview mod somewhere in the process. I am getting closer.

When I get something working, I would appreciate the opportunity to send you the code to review first before posting, as there may be some cleanup needed as I am learning and may not have the cleanest code Blush