Gossamer Forum
Home : Products : DBMan : Customization :

I found a mistake in JPDeni's "More Info Mod" - Fixes "Email in wrong format" bug

Quote Reply
I found a mistake in JPDeni's "More Info Mod" - Fixes "Email in wrong format" bug
Hey there fellow dbman lovers! I have been so frustrated over Carols “More Info” mod that I was just about ready to quit! But then, in a moment of Glory I found what was causing the problem.

If you are trying to use the More Info mod, and you run into email format problem, then try changing

Code:
sub more_info {
unless ($in{'email'}) {
$message = "You must enter your email address";
}
unless ($in{'$email'} =~ /.+\@.+\.+/){
$message = "<font Color=”red”><b> Your email address is not in the correct format. Please try again.</b></font>."
# }
if ($message) {
&html_more_info_form;
return;
}

TO

Code:
sub more_info {
unless ($in{'email'}) {
$message = "You must enter your email address";
}
unless ($in{'email'} =~ /.+\@.+\..+/)
{
$message = "<font Color=”red”><b> Your email address is not in the correct format. Please try again.</b></font>."
}
if ($message) {
&html_more_info_form;
return;
}

If you can pick out the difference you have good eyes… but it is there, and it does change the whole thing!

Smile Smile Smile
Quote Reply
Re: I found a mistake in JPDeni's "More Info Mod" - Fixes "Email in wrong format" bug In reply to
I would recommend contacting JPDeni directly (her email address is linked at the top of the Forum home page), so she could edit that Mod.

Regards.

------------------
Eliot Lee
Anthro TECH,L.L.C
www.anthrotech.com
----------------------

Quote Reply
Re: I found a mistake in JPDeni's "More Info Mod" - Fixes "Email in wrong format" bug In reply to
 She does not respond to my emails. Frown

I have also found a second bug in her Email a record to a friend mod.