Gossamer Forum
Home : Products : DBMan : Customization :

Help With Debugging...

Quote Reply
Help With Debugging...
Everything in my DB works EXCEPT when I go to modify, then it gives me the debugging error. This is what it says ...

DBMan encountered an internal error. CGI ERROR ========================================== Error Message : Debug Information Script Location : db.cgi Perl Version : 5.008001 Setup File : default.cfg User ID : admin Session ID : admin.10960007865105 Form Variables ------------------------------------------- db : default modify_search : 1 uid : admin.10960007865105 Environment Variables ------------------------------------------- DOCUMENT_ROOT : /home/equinus/public_html GATEWAY_INTERFACE : CGI/1.1 HTTP_ACCEPT : */* HTTP_ACCEPT_ENCODING: gzip, deflate HTTP_ACCEPT_LANGUAGE: en-us HTTP_CONNECTION : Keep-Alive HTTP_HOST : equinus-sapientia.net HTTP_REFERER : http://equinus-sapientia.net/cgi-bin/dbman6/db.cgi HTTP_USER_AGENT : Mozilla/4.0 (compatible; MSIE 6.0; Windows NT 5.0) PATH : /usr/local/bin:/usr/bin:/bin QUERY_STRING : db=default&uid=admin.10960007865105&modify_search=1 REMOTE_ADDR : 68.2.21.182 REMOTE_PORT : 4132 REQUEST_METHOD : GET REQUEST_URI : /cgi-bin/dbman6/db.cgi?db=default&uid=admin.10960007865105&modify_search=1 SCRIPT_FILENAME : /home/equinus/public_html/cgi-bin/dbman6/db.cgi SCRIPT_NAME : /cgi-bin/dbman6/db.cgi SERVER_ADDR : 66.193.174.60 SERVER_ADMIN : webmaster@equinus-sapientia.net SERVER_NAME : www.equinus-sapientia.net SERVER_PORT : 80 SERVER_PROTOCOL : HTTP/1.1 SERVER_SOFTWARE : Apache/1.3.31 (Unix) mod_auth_passthrough/1.8 mod_log_bytes/1.2 mod_bwlimited/1.4 PHP/4.3.7 FrontPage/5.0.2.2634a mod_ssl/2.8.18 OpenSSL/0.9.7a Any help as to what this means>?
Quote Reply
Re: [Kortnee] Help With Debugging... In reply to
Generally the debugging message will come up if you have debugging turned "on" in default.cfg - if there really is an error the line that says "Error Message:" will have something typed there.

Turn "off" debugging by changing the "1" to a "0" and if your script works then you know it wasn't a "real" error.
Quote Reply
Thanks for the quick reply :)

I did turn it off, and it still gives me the error. It's ONLY when I modify something, I just click on "modify" and then search for a name, and instead of giving me the search results it just goes to "internal error, debug" which I do, and it gives me the previous script.
Quote Reply
Is this a new database? If so, recheck your .cfg file and make sure that the fields are number consecutively.

Also make sure you have the userid field defined correctly.

Unoffical DBMan FAQ

http://creativecomputingweb.com/dbman/index.shtml/
Quote Reply
Re: [LoisC] Help With Debugging... In reply to
No, this is not a new DB, it'd been working before for at least three months. However, there was never any need to modify anything in the database, so we never realized that when I added the HTML to the html.pl file, I deleted the codes in the modifying and deleting area that allowed you to click "search" or "modify" or "delete." I fixed this, and now I get that error whenever I go to modify something.
Quote Reply
the error message is not giving any informationw which would help to see what is wrong.

I would suggest making sure you have added back all related subs you may have deleted and also if you have added any mods to the script, be sure you also made any needed changes within the modify and delete subs.

If you have access to your server's error logs you may want to check there to see if you can find any more information about the error.

Unoffical DBMan FAQ

http://creativecomputingweb.com/dbman/index.shtml/