Gossamer Forum
Home : Products : DBMan : Customization :

Getting an in-valid email format error

Quote Reply
Getting an in-valid email format error
Greetings.

I am in the procces of inserting the Secure password Look up and change e-mail mods. I am directing the user to go the the sign up form and am presented with the create account page. It asks, To create your own account, simply enter in your desired username and password. When I fill in a user id and a password it comes back saying that an invalid email format has been entered. There is no place asking for an e-mail address so how can it give me that error.

Thanks in advance.

Doug T
Quote Reply
Re: [Doug Thorlakson] Getting an in-valid email format error In reply to
The new sub signup has email address. i believe you will have to manually add email addresses for any users already in your password file; otherwise the record length in password file will be wrong.

the secure password lookup actually generates a new password and emails it to the user. thus, the user/password file MUST contain an email address.
Quote Reply
Re: [delicia] Getting an in-valid email format error In reply to
I am testing the setup with new user sign ups. It does not show any field asking for an e-mail address.
Quote Reply
sounds like you haven't made the change(s) to your html file -- there is a new subroutine for the signup form that has the email address. note there were two separate html file instructions -- one for the user-friendly html and one for the default. select the one for the html file you are using.
Quote Reply
I am sure that I inserted all the mods. I may have missed the one that you are talking about. Would you be able to point me in the right direction.

Thanks

Doug T.
Quote Reply
see http://www.jpdeni.com/...s/secure_lookup.html

note that the first item is the 'basic mod.' then it lists two items that are the required html subroutines; pick the one that corresponds to your html file. if you install the basic mod without either of the html routines, it won't work because there will be no code to capture the email addresses.

there are then several other optional routines, two of which also require separate html subroutines.
Quote Reply
Thank You Thank you Thank you.

Now my hair can start growing back in.

Doug T.