Gossamer Forum
Home : Gossamer Threads Inc. : Official Bug Fixes :

Template parser performance fix

Quote Reply
Template parser performance fix
Our recently released products, GForum 1.2.3, GMail 2.2.3, Links SQL 2.2.0, and Gossamer List 1.1.0, have a bug in the template parser causing it to erroneously recompile templates on every template parse, instead of using the pre-compiled templates. This can cause a fairly significant performance penalty and can cause extra load unnecessarily on busy sites.

The attached files replace admin/GT/Template.pm and admin/GT/Template/Parser.pm, respectively (Gossamer List uses 'private/lib' instead of 'admin' - also be sure that you do not replace GForum/Template.pm or GList/Template.pm), and gives a performance improvement on all dynamic content. Note that you _must_ replace both files; installing one without the other will not work properly.

Community 1.0.2 already contains the fix - additionally, the above mentioned programs have been updated with the fix for any installations as of this post.

Jason Rhinelander
Gossamer Threads
jason@gossamer-threads.com
Quote Reply
Re: [Jagerman] Template parser performance fix In reply to
In Reply To:
Our recently released products, GForum 1.2.3, GMail 2.2.3, Links SQL 2.2.0, and Gossamer List 1.1.0, have a bug in the template parser causing it to erroneously recompile templates on every template parse, instead of using the pre-compiled templates. This can cause a fairly significant performance penalty and can cause extra load unnecessarily on busy sites.

The attached files replace admin/GT/Template.pm and admin/GT/Template/Parser.pm, respectively (Gossamer List uses 'private/lib' instead of 'admin' - also be sure that you do not replace GForum/Template.pm or GList/Template.pm), and gives a performance improvement on all dynamic content. Note that you _must_ replace both files; installing one without the other will not work properly.

Community 1.0.2 already contains the fix - additionally, the above mentioned programs have been updated with the fix for any installations as of this post.

Hi,
I get this error when I try to enter the /admin/GT/ directory:
A fatal error has occured:
work_path has invalid characters : www/ceruse/cgi-bin/admin/GT at /home/bzone/www/ceruse/cgi-bin/admin/GT/FileMan.pm line 65.

Please enable debugging in setup for more details.

I have also got the error when I tried to enter other directories.....
any idea why?

Bent