Gossamer Forum
Quote Reply
Welcome!
This is our new official bug fix forum. This should be your first stop if you find a problem with any of our programs. If any major bugs are found in the products, we will post fixes for them here.

You can not post new messages in this forum, but you can reply to bug fixes if you need more information.

Cheers,

Alex
--
Gossamer Threads Inc.

Last edited by:

Alex: Apr 11, 2002, 8:59 AM
Quote Reply
Re: [Alex] Welcome! In reply to
Quote:
stop if you find a problem with any of our problems

You may want to reword that to read:

stop if you find a problem with any of our programs :)

Unoffical DBMan FAQ

http://creativecomputingweb.com/dbman/index.shtml/
Quote Reply
Re: [LoisC] Welcome! In reply to
Laugh

Actually, I didn't want to be the first to comment on that.
Shocked

openoffice + gimp + sketch ... Smile
Quote Reply
Hmm just a thought but should this forum not allow new threads so people can report bugs too, otherwise there is nowhere to report them other than the discussion forum which isn't really a place for bug reports....or is it?

...then when a fix is made it can be posted in the thread, as well as staff actually just posting fixes in new threads?
Quote Reply
Re: [Paul] Welcome! In reply to
Yeah - does seem rather sketchy to have a single forum for all products.

Why not create an 'Announcements' forum for each product that is only read/write by the admin/mods to post info about new releases and bug fixes specific to that product. IMO, that would be a better, cleaner way to organise things - and would grab my attention more. I'm more likely to snoop in on announcements that I know are going to be relevant to my registered products.

For example:

Code:
Product Announcements
Pre Sales
Discussion
Development, Plugins and Globals
Testing Forum

And this should be repeated for each product.

- wil

Last edited by:

Wil: Apr 11, 2002, 2:55 AM
Quote Reply
Re: [Paul] Welcome! In reply to
Quote:
Hmm just a thought but should this forum not allow new threads so people can report bugs too,

No, post in the regular forum as normal, and once we have identified it as a bug, and have a fix, we will move the thread here and relabel it to make it easily identifiable. This forum will have only acknowledged bugs with fixes. =) It should make it easier for people (hopefully). =)

Cheers,

Alex
--
Gossamer Threads Inc.

Last edited by:

Alex: Apr 11, 2002, 9:44 AM
Quote Reply
Re: [Wil] Welcome! In reply to
Quote:
Why not create an 'Announcements' forum for each product that is only read/write

Not enough traffic really, there are about 10 announcements a month max for all products. The subjects on posts in this forum will clearly indicate which product and version the bug fix is for.

Cheers,

Alex
--
Gossamer Threads Inc.
Quote Reply
Re: [LoisC] Welcome! In reply to
Quote:
You may want to reword that to read

Hate working under pressure. =)

Cheers,

Alex
--
Gossamer Threads Inc.
Quote Reply
That's fair enough. I guess you can always post in Discussion forum of paticular product to to draw attention of the bug fix too.

Cheers

- wil
Quote Reply
Just thought it would be nice to keep all bug stuff in one forum and would save the staff constantly moving things about.

Last edited by:

Paul: Apr 11, 2002, 10:00 AM
Quote Reply
Oops, now that I look harder, the bugs forum isn't where I thought it was....I thought it was within the Links SQL category but this is a general bugs forum for all products?

Wouldn't seperate ones be clearer instead of everyone scouring through a big list for every product?

Edit: When I say big list it wasn't intended like that =)

Edit: If only I could spell.

Last edited by:

Paul: Apr 11, 2002, 10:04 AM
Quote Reply
Mixing Bug reports & Suggestions into Discussions, makes more difficult to overview, search, find a Bug or a Suggestion.
Just imagine, how useful would be to check all Bug reports in one separate forum. Same for Suggestions.

I think, each product should have separate forums for Suggestions and separate for Bugs
as I suggested already in my following post:
http://www.gossamer-threads.com/...orum.cgi?post=184288

Like this:
- Bugs
- Suggestions

Best regards,
Webmaster33

Paid Support
from Webmaster33. Expert in Perl programming & Gossamer Threads applications. (click here for prices)
Webmaster33's products (upd.2004.09.26) | Private message | Contact me | Was my post helpful? Donate my help...

Last edited by:

webmaster33: Apr 16, 2002, 4:08 AM