Gossamer Forum
Home : Gossamer Threads Inc. : Hosting :

Rules Emporium For SA Users

Quote Reply
Rules Emporium For SA Users
Hi.

Found and integrated few of the rules to SA from following interesting site probably worth a look by SA users. Found it quite good and also the updates can be made to run automated thru cron:

http://rulesemporium.com

Anup
Quote Reply
Re: [anup123] Rules Emporium For SA Users In reply to
yeah they've got some pretty good rules there all set up and ready to go. The rulesdejor thing is great - updates automatically and keeps everything fresh, have been using it for about a year.

There was an update a little while ago that stopped spamassasin working though - one of the rulesets moved location. My fault I didn't notice it as I hadn't checked the logs for a while (a long, long while) to make sure everything was ok.

r
Quote Reply
Re: [ryel01] Rules Emporium For SA Users In reply to
Yes indeed and when combined with RBL's and Dictionary Attack Prevention (only for domains whose owners feel comfortable without a Catchall Account), SPAM almost comes down to the minimal level, if not zero.

Just curious to know if you have included bogus-virus-warnings.cf from their rulesets. Aah yes, i feel comfortable with the non automated stuff so i do th upgrade runs manually just to ensure that nothing goes wrong because of changed mirrors etc?

HyTC
Quote Reply
Re: [ryel01] Rules Emporium For SA Users In reply to
Integrate DCC and you would find SPAM reduced further. It helped to block about 40 SPAM messages per day which were nowehere to be deat with on any of the RBL's or any SA Rules. It's really greeat. However, whitelisting of the mailing lists (which obviously do not SPAM), should be taken care off before fixing the log and reject thresholds...

Operate DCCifd to keep resource usage low and also conigure your local.cf accordingly...
It's turning out to be great :)

[EDIT]
SpamAssassin's EvalTests.pm need a fix as DCC could cause problems for an empty body message for which SA still calls DCCifd to do a check but wouldn't send the body...
[/EDIT]

HyTC

Last edited by:

HyperTherm: Aug 29, 2004, 9:33 AM