Gossamer Forum
Home : Gossamer Threads Inc. : Hosting :

Quick Poll: Who here uses Gossamer Hosting?

Quote Reply
Quick Poll: Who here uses Gossamer Hosting?
What do you think about them?
Quote Reply
Re: [rlesley] Quick Poll: Who here uses Gossamer Hosting? In reply to
I use Gossamer Host. They are brilliant (I'm not just saying that, I do genuinly believe it). Recently, I have recommended to of my clients (they are now setup on dedicated servers).

They really do know their stuff (especially when it comes to optimizing LinksSQL/other products, on their servers).

There are quite a few threads about Gossamer Host in the 'Hosting' category. I've moved this thread there for you Smile

Cheers

Andy (mod)
andy@ultranerds.co.uk
Want to give me something back for my help? Please see my Amazon Wish List
GLinks ULTRA Package | GLinks ULTRA Package PRO
Links SQL Plugins | Website Design and SEO | UltraNerds | ULTRAGLobals Plugin | Pre-Made Template Sets | FREE GLinks Plugins!
Quote Reply
I've had about a dozen various hosts and ISP's since 1992/1993.

I've hosted with companies that cost less, and even a few that cost more (much more).

I've hosted with "big" names, like Verizion, Bell Atlantic, AOL/GNN, etc, and with many other companies still in, or now out, of business.

Hands down, Gossamer Host has been the best.

Right now, I couldn't imagine hosting anywhere else, and if something should happen to them, the thought of having to deal with a "regular" ISP again gives me nightmares.

You can find cheaper, but you will *not* find better. (even at 2-3x the price).

PUGDOG� Enterprises, Inc.

The best way to contact me is to NOT use Email.
Please leave a PM here.
Quote Reply
I've had both shared hosting with GossamerHost and for the past few years have a dedicated server with them. The reliability, performance and customer service has been absolutely outstanding. I also hosted with other companies in the past, and my experience has been infinitely better with Gossamer. They really take care of their customers.

--FrankM
Quote Reply
Re: [pugdog] Quick Poll: Who here uses Gossamer Hosting? In reply to
Quote:

I've hosted with companies that cost less, and even a few that cost more (much more).

I've hosted with "big" names, like Verizion, Bell Atlantic, AOL/GNN, etc, and with many other companies still in, or now out, of business.

Hands down, Gossamer Host has been the best.

Right now, I couldn't imagine hosting anywhere else, and if something should happen to them, the thought of having to deal with a "regular" ISP again gives me nightmares.

You can find cheaper, but you will *not* find better. (even at 2-3x the price).[/reply]

I am now a Gossamer-Host customer since 3 weeks, and would have to publicly agree to all of the above. You can always find cheaper, but the knowledge they have in running dynamic scripts makes each exchange of information with them a truly inlighting experience for me. I am comfortable for the future working with them.

In my opinion, Gossamer Threads are the best you can achieve in terms of "Open Source" information and coding in todays world. That is what makes such a small company so unique. They are always willing and able to allow you to work with the same tools as the biggest fishes in the ocean, at a price that is reasonable.

Give them a try and you will see for yourself.