Gossamer Forum
Home : Gossamer Threads Inc. : Hosting :

Hosting locations

Quote Reply
Hosting locations
Hi,

I was wondering if you have hosting solutions in different geographical locations. Living in Europe I've had hosting solutions in America and in Europe and I do see a distinct difference in response times. Do you have the possibility of providing solutions in Europe ?

Thanks, John
Significant Media
Quote Reply
Re: [Jag] Hosting locations In reply to
Hi,

No, currently we only offer hosting out of a single location (which is in Vancouver), however we do have quite good connectivity to Europe, and do host a number of European sites.

If you are interested I can send you some more information about the network topology we use.

Cheers,

Alex
--
Gossamer Threads Inc.
Quote Reply
Re: [Alex] Hosting locations In reply to
I think I'll send you the details about my current hosting services so that we can figure out if all I need is available at GT Hosting.
Quite a few people have privately people said a lot of good about your services, including Andy and the new project of a LinksSQL web site is nearly finished so I'll need to think about the long term.
There are a few specifics I have at the moment like virtual DNS server(s) for quite a few domain names but it's mostly html pages and email forwarding. I also have an admin panel to create users and virtmap type forwarding of email for different users which is what I use the most overall. A basic email system (which pales in comparison to GossamerMail so no worries there). SSH and FTP are then the most important but I saw on http://www.gossamer-threads.com/hosting/, which by the way is nicely hidden as an offer, no seriously it does look interesting and I spent a few minutes looking for a reference to it (hidden sublink on the home page).

I mostly trust what others tell me which sounds promising so far...

Thanks, John
Significant Media
Quote Reply
Re: [Alex] Hosting locations In reply to
Quote:
No, currently we only offer hosting out of a single location (which is in Vancouver), however we do have quite good connectivity to Europe, and do host a number of European sites.

I'll vouch for that too :)

Cheers

Andy (mod)
andy@ultranerds.co.uk
Want to give me something back for my help? Please see my Amazon Wish List
GLinks ULTRA Package | GLinks ULTRA Package PRO
Links SQL Plugins | Website Design and SEO | UltraNerds | ULTRAGLobals Plugin | Pre-Made Template Sets | FREE GLinks Plugins!