Gossamer Forum
Home : Gossamer Threads Inc. : Hosting :

Activating AV service

Quote Reply
Activating AV service
Hello GT.

I saw the new AV service offered for your hosted servers. Thanks! As always, great service from a premier vendor.

I'm kind of a idiot, so I apologize in advance. I can't seem to find where the 'Services' area is to activate it. Is the GPanel the Server Admin Panel you are referring to? If so, I see no 'Services' anywhere. The options are Domains, FileMan, Crontab, Change Password, MySQLMan, Webmail, MailAdmin, & Logout. I checked in the MailAdmin, but nothing there.

Thanks for your patience.

Dave
Quote Reply
Re: [bretzke] Activating AV service In reply to
Hi Dave,

No, GPanel is the per domain control panel (each domain on the server has their own control panel to manage the domain). You want the server admin panel which controls adding and removing new accounts and domains (available at http://servername/gadmin/).

From there click on Services, then on AntiVirus Enable, and then AntiVirus start.

Cheers,

Alex
--
Gossamer Threads Inc.
Quote Reply
Re: [Alex] Activating AV service In reply to
darn... I have GPanel on my account (perlmad.com) but not GAdmin. I assume that's because my account is through a reseller (Paul). It seems that you had a virus scanner on by default anyway? I didn't recieve a single infected email during the recent rash of viruses.

Philip
------------------
Limecat is not pleased.
Quote Reply
Re: [fuzzy logic] Activating AV service In reply to
Hi,

Yes, it's up to the server admin to turn it on or off as it affects all incoming/outgoing mail on the entire server. We are looking at making it configurable where you can specify to only scan specific domains, or exclude specifc email addresses. Should be available in a future update.

Cheers,

Alex
--
Gossamer Threads Inc.
Quote Reply
The URL you stated above (sub'ing in my info) doesn't resolve to an Admin Panel on my site. I have a dedicated server with you all and Jack usually takes care of things like this on my box.

I too wonder if it's already on because I didn't receive any virus email either. If someone can turn it on that would be fine by me.

I told you I'm clueless....

Dave
Quote Reply
Re: [bretzke] Activating AV service In reply to
I've turned it on for you.

Cheers,

Alex
--
Gossamer Threads Inc.
Quote Reply
Gracias!