Gossamer Forum
Home : Gossamer Threads Inc. : Discussion :

Using the database backup files?

Quote Reply
Using the database backup files?
I have noticed that everytime I do a build that the script backs up the database and stores the files in a folder called backup. For some reason when I went to build today it gave me an error and said there were no links in the database. When I checked the links pages all of my links were gone even after refreshing the page. I was wondering how I would go about getting one of the backup files back in to the database so that all of my links would be there again. Also I would like to know how to make it so that my links pages do not cache. Many of my web site visitors have said they had to refresh the page in order to see the new links that have been added. I have made use of the <META HTTP-EQUIV="pragma" CONTENT="no-cache"> tag in my templates but it doesn't seem to work. When I view the source the tag is there but I still have to refresh to see the new links.
If anyone could help me with these questions I would appreciate it greatly. Thank you.
Also I hae searched the forum on information pertaining to these subjects but was unable to come up with anything that helped. Thank you again.

Greg Brown
Quote Reply
Re: Using the database backup files? In reply to
You should post this question in the relevant product forum and delete this one.

Paul Wilson.
Installations:
http://www.wiredon.net/gt/