Gossamer Forum
Home : Gossamer Threads Inc. : Discussion :

Thread ratings

Quote Reply
Thread ratings
I'm sure that this has been talked about before - but if so I'd like to bring it up again.

It would be really great if there was a way of voting for the helpfulness of a thread in the forum. I'm sure that a lot of us spend a great deal of time searching this site and wading through threads that are no longer relevant or not related to the title of the post; or just not helpful. If there was a rating attached (helpful yes/no or 1 to 5) so that we could sort by rating I'm sure that would help. Might even be able to flag up the most useful threads somewhere so we don't have the problem of not being able to find the globals/plugins which everyone uses and which never get added to the resources. I realise that there are issues with rating a thread that is still active and there are also some other things that could be considered like flagging a thread as 'answered' or 'open' - I just find that the search options offered aren't quite enough to find the thread that I'm looking for quickly.

Laura.
The UK High Street
Quote Reply
Re: [afinlr] Thread ratings In reply to
Great idea!
Quote Reply
Re: [afinlr] Thread ratings In reply to
Strongly aggree.

I also had a suggestion for the forum, which is a bit realted to your suggestion.
It is about to be able to set a thread as solved, so we could easily see, which thread needs still help and which not.

See my suggestions here:
  • Close a solved thread by original poster on a support like forum
  • "Got solution" marking system for threads

Opinion? Post your opinion to the linked original threads...

Best regards,
    Webmaster33

Paid Support
    from Webmaster33. Expert in Perl programming & Gossamer Threads applications. (click here for prices)
    Webmaster33's products (upd.2004.09.26) | Private message | Contact me | Was my post helpful? Donate my help...