Gossamer Forum
Home : Gossamer Threads Inc. : Discussion :

Shocking News!

(Page 1 of 2)
> >
Quote Reply
Shocking News!
Has anyone heard yet about the plane crash in New York?

Two planes were hijacked and crashed into the World Trade Center.

You may wanna put on Sky News or CNN or whatever.

Sorry for the totally irrelevant post but it may be important for some and I didn't know where else to post it to reach a wide audience. I guess people will hear it on the news soon enough.

Apparently a third plane has been hijacked and is still flying about somewhere - also there has been an explosion in the Pentagon......sheesh.....sounds like the world could come to an end tonight :(

Please feel free to delete it if it is inappropriate.

Last edited by:

PaulWilson: Sep 11, 2001, 6:46 AM
Quote Reply
Re: Shocking News! In reply to
My good god, I cant believe this. A new dawn of terrorist activity is before us.

My sympathies to all in the US.

~ ERASER

Free JavaScripts @ Insight Eye
Quote Reply
Hokay so lets look at this......

2 planes crash into World Trade Center
1 plane has just been reported as crashing into the Pentagon.

........soo that leaves the White House.

I'd say the president might not be in the White House for a while.

It's like something out of a Hollywood movie.

I was just speaking to a friend who thinks there will be a World War....that is a SCARY thought

Quote Reply
All flights in the USA have been cancelled until further notice...

All television sets are turned off in Denver International Airport...

Most international/national web sites are being over-accessed by users and download times are slow...

========================================
Buh Bye!

Cheers,
Me
Quote Reply
>>All television sets are turned off in Denver International Airport... <<

Just out of interest what's the reason for that?

Quote Reply
To avoid a panic situation...they don't want people to panic...that is the rationale.

Buh Bye!

Cheers,
Me
Quote Reply
It's like going into a movie theatere and yelling fire. They don't want to cause a major panic for people waiting for friends/faily to land.

CP

Quote Reply
Death toll is into thousands apparently.

Quote Reply
HOLY **** - Just watched the second tower collapse live on Sky News

Square miles of dust/debris just engulfed the center of the city.

Last edited by:

PaulWilson: Sep 11, 2001, 7:36 AM
Quote Reply
Complete pandamonia in New York City...

"it's the end of the world as we know it..."

Buh Bye!

Cheers,
Me
Quote Reply
Yeah, what a total waste of life Frown Its like 10k dead now aparantly (man, I keep thinking its all a bad dream!). My thoughts go out to all of those out there and their families!

Andy

Andy (mod)
andy@ultranerds.co.uk
Want to give me something back for my help? Please see my Amazon Wish List
GLinks ULTRA Package | GLinks ULTRA Package PRO
Links SQL Plugins | Website Design and SEO | UltraNerds | ULTRAGLobals Plugin | Pre-Made Template Sets | FREE GLinks Plugins!
Quote Reply
I live in southwest Missouri and the college I attend suspended classes for today. Also, I like to say that my thoughts are with all who were lost in this most tragic event.

Paul

http://www.fullmoonshining.com for Pearl Jam Fans
Quote Reply
Not in Colorado...the University of Colorado where I work has NOT
suspended classes..although individual faculty members have cancelled
their classes...many students here in Boulder are appaled that the
administration has not suspended classes.

Buh Bye!

Cheers,
Me
Quote Reply
Most of the federal buildings across the US have been closed for today. Also monuments, military bases closed and on high alert. They have also evacuated the rest of the high rise buildings in NYC just in case. There is a report of a suspicious item being found at LAX and will be detonated. There are fighter "caps" over NYC and Washington. Probably some other cities. The US has moved aircraft carriers off of NYC and Washington. The military inside the US is at Defcon 4 (Delta), highest below a state of war. Military outside US is at Defcon 3 (Charlie), second highest state of emergency.

No one has claimed responsibility for the attack. The borders with Canda and Mexico have been closed. All (commercial flights??) planes have been grounded in US and possibly Canada, including international flights.

No one knows how/why the 4th plane went down in Pennsylvania. Apparently someone on board used a cell phone to alert authorities to the highjacking. It crashed shortly after the call to divert to the nearest airport came through. No information if it was forced down by the crew/terrorists or forced down externally. Not much video of this crash near Pittsburgh, PA.

Also an unconfirmed report of a plane flying down the Potomac River towards Washington DC. No confirmation if there was a plane or what happened to it. Lots and lots of rumors.

--
Rob

SW Montana's Online Community
Modular Model Railroading

Last edited by:

vanderen: Sep 11, 2001, 12:30 PM
Quote Reply
Possible suspect:

http://us.news2.yimg.com/...ter_binladen_dc.html

Quote Reply
Bin Laden's name popped up very soon. Of course, it suits to have an evil mastermind at hand; however, there's still plenty of room for speculation.

Europe's under shock as well. Our thoughts are with the victims.

Quote Reply
I agree Rob, at this point there are lots of rumors and speculation, especially on the net. So don't make any conclusions as of yet. It could be weeks, most likely months before we know who did this and the amount of life that was lost.

Later,
Paul

http://www.fullmoonshining.com for Pearl Jam Fans
Quote Reply
this isn't cool.

I don't think the US is just gonna sit back and say we'll bring the perpretrators to court.

Too many gun happy folks in the Petagon.

Somebody must have been watching "Fight Club" to many times or some other movies.

With remember Pearl Harbor still strong in many Older Americans this could get very dangerous for many countries.

Smashing into the Petagon with a cessna is one thing but using passenger planes and wipeing out 2 buildings in the middle of NYC is gonna cost somebody a lot of hurt and Bush is gonna have to reply some how some way to pacify the Americans ... imagine Big Brother watching controlling all communications in the US ... errr across the world ... be very careful what you write in your emails post on the net cuz key words will set off flags to your existence.

Dam I hate this sort of thing, why target innocent people, unfortunately things like this happen in other nations too but this will awaken the US to these hard realities and things are not gonna be nice for a while.

my heart goes out to the victims and their families ... the world over.

openoffice + gimp + sketch ... Smile
Quote Reply
Re: [PaulWilson] Shocking News! In reply to
"In the City of God there will be a great thunder, Two brothers torn apart by Chaos, while the fortress endures, the great leader will succumb"

"The third big war will begin when the big city is burning" - Nostradamus 1654A.D.
Quote Reply
Re: [Robbie] Shocking News! In reply to
Ahh if you believe in white magic and can deal with ancient French translations .... there's another quote running around on the net with not the "the city of God" but with "the city of YORK" ....

SICK SICK SICK people out there Mad

Also, I would like to thank all those who spend their daily lives trying to save other people's lives during times of tragedy and "Especially" those who in turn loose their own.

thank you to all the Brave FireFighters , Polic Officers and Soldiers !!!

openoffice + gimp + sketch ... Smile
Quote Reply
Re: [QooQ] Shocking News! In reply to
A co-worker of mine is a volunteer EMT/firefighter and was sent to NY to help, and another is a member of the Virginia National Guard was called to duty. Hopefully everything goes well for them.

--Philip
Links 2.0 moderator

Last edited by:

junko: Sep 11, 2001, 9:33 PM
Quote Reply
Re: [junko] Shocking News! In reply to
If you want to help, donate blood. Most donation centers are crowded with people now, but will still need donors in the coming days/weeks. If you don't know your blood type they'll let you know (this is information that is good to have.)

Mike.
Bis dat qui cito dat
Quote Reply
Have a look at:

http://s1.amazon.com/.../107-6011423-4654951

if you want to help. It's truly amazing, the amount increases by 10 to 20 thousand every 10 minutes or so.

Really shows the power of the internet.

Cheers,

Alex
--
Gossamer Threads Inc.
Quote Reply
Re: [Alex] Shocking News! In reply to
Whoah - I loaded the page and refreshed and the total was almost $3000 higher
Quote Reply
Yeah, ever 1 second i refreshed it and the number of people who had donated money rose 5-10 every time! Smile Lets just hope that money helps them.

Andy

Andy (mod)
andy@ultranerds.co.uk
Want to give me something back for my help? Please see my Amazon Wish List
GLinks ULTRA Package | GLinks ULTRA Package PRO
Links SQL Plugins | Website Design and SEO | UltraNerds | ULTRAGLobals Plugin | Pre-Made Template Sets | FREE GLinks Plugins!
> >