Gossamer Forum
Home : Gossamer Threads Inc. : Discussion :

Roadmap - Gossamer products

Roadmap - Gossamer products
Hi

Can someone from Gossamer Threads please give us a roadmap for future upgrades

and releases. Links, Mail and Forum is enough.

Dregs2

PS. I don't believe Community exists. Cool

Re: [dregs2] Roadmap - Gossamer products In reply to
Hi Dregs,

You're not the only one who is not sure if there really is such an animal as Gossamer Community. But it _does_ exist and it _is_ running on a large site we helped put together. I can't tell you which site it is yet, but rest assured, it's running very well, more details are to be released soon, we're compiling a list of new developments right now.

Jack.
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Jack Ong, C.O.O., Gossamer Threads, Inc.
9th Floor, 100 West Pender, Vancouver, BC, Canada, V6B 1R8
Email: <jack@gossamer-threads.com>
Tel: (604) 687-5804 Fax: (604) 687-5806

Re: [dregs2] Roadmap - Gossamer products In reply to
Hi,

I've deleted the rest of this thread which just broke down into an argument between users. Please keep the posts on topic, and civil.

To answer the original posters questions:

Quote:
Can someone from Gossamer Threads please give us a roadmap for future upgrades

and releases. Links, Mail and Forum is enough.

We are working on major revisions of each of the above products. I don't want to go to in to the changes as they are still up in the air.

Our top priority right now is getting Community done though. We have it implemented on a couple custom sites, however, it is a lot more work to make things generic, especially when you consider the amount of different combinations and situations that will arise with importing users and integrating into existing sites. It would take us a couple hours labour for each install right now to get Community working in an existing site. That's what we have been working on polishing up.

I can't commit to a timeline on this right now, only that we are working on it.

I've locked this thread, so if you want to talk to me about this, feel free to private message me or email me.

Cheers,

Alex
--
Gossamer Threads Inc.