Gossamer Forum
Home : Gossamer Threads Inc. : Discussion :

Recurring Billing/Membership Management

Quote Reply
Recurring Billing/Membership Management
Has GT ever considered doing a recurring billing script for membership management? Seems like with the shopping cart and community plugins currently in development, it would be a logical and not-too-difficult extrapolation. The reason I ask is that there are dozens of scripts out there that perform these functions (as well as companies like iBill and PayPal that have comparable services), but none of them are particularly good. I would love to see what GT could come up with in this arena. Heck, I'd be the first to buy it, if the price was right.

Fractured Atlas :: Liberate the Artist
Services: Healthcare, Fiscal Sponsorship, Marketing, Education, The Emerging Artists Fund
Quote Reply
Re: [hennagaijin] Recurring Billing/Membership Management In reply to
Hi,

We are working on a set of payment modules to provide a common interface to accept payments from a variety of sources (paypal, authorize.net, etc). Once these are done, we plan on adding subscription and payment services in a lot of different ways.

Cheers,

Alex
--
Gossamer Threads Inc.
Quote Reply
Re: [Alex] Recurring Billing/Membership Management In reply to
Sounds great! Looking forward to seeing what you guys come up with. (I'm currently stuck with a really lousy recurring billing system that I can't wait to get rid of. Not only doesn't it work so great, but it's way overpriced!) Anyway, thanks for the info.

Fractured Atlas :: Liberate the Artist
Services: Healthcare, Fiscal Sponsorship, Marketing, Education, The Emerging Artists Fund
Quote Reply
Re: [Alex] Recurring Billing/Membership Management In reply to
In Reply To:
We are working on a set of payment modules to provide a common interface to accept payments from a variety of sources (paypal, authorize.net, etc). Once these are done, we plan on adding subscription and payment services in a lot of different ways.

Working on new things sounds great. But what about the community script which has been announced since over one year now?

Matt
Classical music on the net: http://www.klassik.com
Quote Reply
Re: [Brahms] Recurring Billing/Membership Management In reply to
Yes... Mad Unsure
Alex what about community then?
Max
The one with Mac OS X Server 10.4 :)
Quote Reply
Re: [maxpico] Recurring Billing/Membership Management In reply to
The community-script and the shopping-solution are very complex topics.

I think that Alex did not think about the never ending work and ideas about the community-plugin, when he talked about this last year.

For me, I will wait, I know that they are working on it, and I know that it will not be a simple solution. When I see the last posting from Alex in this thread I can imagine why it takes so long time. Payment processing and online authorization of payments can be complicated, but would maybe necessary to have successfull business.

What about Affiliate-System?

What about transmitting orders into a local stock-managment?

There is a good script necessary.

--
Michael Skaide

http://www.cycle24.de