Gossamer Forum
Home : Gossamer Threads Inc. : Discussion :

Strange mixture of fonts!

Quote Reply
Strange mixture of fonts!
Im normally good with html as you can see by my sites design... :)

However on my category pages, the links appear in different sized fonts.

Take a look:

http://audio-grabber.com/..._General/index.shtml

On other category pages the font is fine but on some they are messed up!

Any solutions would be appreciated.

There are no font or small tags in my link.html file and the <%link_results%> tag in category.html is neatly surrounded by <small> tags!

What I dont understand is that <%link_results%> is created all at once when I rebuild so how can the links have different sizes?

Paul Wilson.
(Dont blame me if I'm wrong!)
Quote Reply
Re: Strange mixture of fonts! In reply to
You call using dark gray link colors in the menu bar on a very dark grayish blue background good web design???

Also, with dark purple links within a dark background?

Minimal contrast of colors if you ask me.

I would triple check your link.html file to make sure that you are not using conflicting CSS codes or font codes.

Good luck!

Regards,

Eliot Lee
Quote Reply
I will answer this post "Anthrorules" style:

1. I was being SARCASTIC when I said my site's design was great!

2. I did NOT ask for rude comments about my site!

3. The purpose of my sites design is to be subtle, not like a kiddies site!

4. I am CAPABLE of checking a few lines in link.html for html tags and there are NONE.

5. You complain FREQUENTLY to others about wasting GT bandwith, however I do not see the relevance or need in posting information unrelated to my question.

6. I do not expect you to be rude about my website, especially as a well know saying comes to mind! (Pot calling the kettle black).

7. Im not sure that you actually made it to the correct site because you will find that my menu bar is BRIGHT white and not "dull" as you put it!

8. If you ever need with your layout then you could do much worse than come to me for help!

9. If you dont have anything informative to post then don't bother. I mentinaed that I had searched through link.html...but no...you have to say "check it 3 times"....implying that I am not capable of finding the problem the first time. Well I assure you I am.

10. I think you could benefit from getting out a bit more...you seem to spend 24hours at these forums and it has given you a MAJOR attitude!

11. Try answering messages with the same respect that Alex/Pugdog/Glennu and MOST others do!

12. Most people asking for help in these forums are people who are trying out Links or who have bought it, and I am sure that it cant help the reputation of GT when they visit the forums for help after paying $500, and get rude comments from you like "Uh...I DID give you the answer".

13. I have noticed that whenever the threads get a little heated...then you tend to be at the center of it. I have read many posts from people commenting on your attitude.

I hope this post doesnt annoy or offend any of the other GT users/staff but I feel that we should be able to express our opinions if we are not happy with a GT product/service as this is how things improve....I mean how does Links improve?...we give our feedback and report bugs....and so we should also be able to vioce our opinions about the forums too!

I would just like to back up my point by referencing a post from another user. This is what he also said:

Also... Lighten up!

Every post I see from you is rude and seems like you are always in a bad mood :c(

Take a roll or something :P

...posted to Anthrorules the other day!

Paul Wilson.
Quote Reply
Welp, you asked for suggestions on what to do and I provided you a suggestion.

And you seemed pretty serious of knowing HTML very well, and I was only questioning that statement since it is apparent that you do not have a good handle of HTML as you stated in your earlier post. Come on, there is no contrast of colors in your site at all and I was simply pointing that out.

And attacking someone in spite is inappropriate, unprofessional, and immature. If you have a beef with me, than contact me via my web site.

Yea, some of my posts may be sarcastic in nature, however, the messages are quite appropriate. I have never personally attacked individuals, like you have. There is a difference between emphasizing text in forums (via CAPS and bolds) than to outright attack someone, like you have a tendancy to do.

That is all I have to tell you.

Good luck!

Regards,

Eliot Lee
Quote Reply
Well...quite ironic isnt it that you tell me I have not idea of html and then you tell me that it is immature to say something out of spite!

You werent referring to my question at all with your post - I was asking about font size of the links produced by Links, not the general layout of my website!

Also, just because the colors of my site may not be to your particular taste does not mean that I "don't know" html...surely you realise that!

I think you'll also find that the only person I have spoken my mind about in this forum IS you and NO-ONE else.

I respect everyone in this forum and EVEN you becauase I know that you have helped many including myself....I was merely asking you not to be so sarcastic...you admitted in your last post that you are...so why not change?

Paul Wilson.