Gossamer Forum
Home : Gossamer Threads Inc. : Discussion :

AnthroRules a bot ?

Quote Reply
AnthroRules a bot ?
Hello GS,

Well just wondering AnthroRules is a bot ? He really post every hour in the forums.
We all need some sleep right !?

If he isn't a bot or not working for your company, you really have to threat him the right way !!!

Send him a big bonus Smile.

Just beeing in a funny mood and did a trace on his posts, that was pretty scarry !!!

Regards startpoint.

Quote Reply
Re: AnthroRules a bot ? In reply to
Smile ----> LOL! <----- Smile

Thanks...I am trying to give back to the Gossamer Threads community since I received a lot help with Links 2.0 last summer...yet if I knew how much easier Links SQL is (with the exception of the build process), I would've switched A LOT sooner. Wink

Regards,

Eliot Lee

Quote Reply
Yeah.... I've stopped trying to answer new threads right away.... he's usually beaten me ;)

But, it's true. If I had known how much _easier_ SQL is than flock, flat files, and file I/O I'd have bit the bullet years ago! I thought it was easier to deal with files, than learn SQL..... noooooooooooooooooooooo......

learn SQL..... it's easier!

http://www.postcards.com
FAQ: http://www.postcards.com/FAQ/LinkSQL/

Quote Reply
Hmmmm AnthroRules why did the reply take so long, like 6 minutes eh?

Next time try to eat, watch tv, sleep, work, drink AND walk with the dog arround your computer
so it will not take so long to reply Smile.

In Reply To:
I am trying to give back to the Gossamer Threads community
Keep up the good work and let GS pay you 1 dollar for all the post you did !

PUGDOG and JERRY SU and the rest i forgot you all also thanks a lot, you helped me on the way.....

Regards startpoint.

Quote Reply
me?

i never help anyone anymore :P

i'm too lazy to.. SCHOOL STARTS WEDNESDAY!! AHHH!!!

hehe

Jerry Su
Quote Reply
Well I should probably bite my lip with this thread, but I do have to say that quantity has nothing to do with the quality of posts within the forum.

I can't speak for all forums, but I can for DBMan in which I have followed the threads over the past couple years or more.

There are more negative posts by Eliot than positive or helpful advice or assistance. Many of the posts as his post count goes up are simple "your welcome posts" which waste server space and cause the thread to continue longer than necessary.

Many posts also are not answered with correct information!
Many times others have had to correct information in an additional thread. His advice should always be verified by someone else or else make backups before trying his suggestions.

His attitude towards others should not be praised at all!
Others sometimes will not get involved in helping within a post when there is a negative response given. Some people have gotten so frustrated they stayed away from the forum for a long time until JPDeni returned.

So please do not think someone needs praise due to the quantity of posts .. but judge by quality and a helpful positive attitude.

As you know, we all make mistakes and we have all been beginners with these scripts at one time. But with positive and cheerful help, people tend to hang around and are then willing to help others also.

JPDeni is a perfect example of someone who should be highly commended for her efforts and attitude helping others!

Just my humble opinion. I'm sorry if anyone find this offensive, but I felt I had to speak my mind.

Unoffical DBMan FAQ
http://webmagic.hypermart.net/dbman/
Quote Reply
puahaha.

i must agree

Jerry Su
Quote Reply
Hello

LoisC
i'm not agree with U!
in links forums, Eliot helps a lot of people, always with very good and hot advices!!!

Come to links forum and U'll change your mind Wink

See U soon

Quote Reply
Hello all,

Let's stop this discussion, this is leading to something i did't started this discussion for.

And i can say you are all right!

Regards Startpoint.

Quote Reply
hi all of you

does anyone know what happened to loisC?

mail thru send private stayed unanswered as did emails, when the're not returned

her last post was on oct 23rd!!!

we were suppose to receive Help

this is most disturbing as to why no one mentioned her absence! is Alex aware of this situation?

we still hope she's well and will be back soon

cheers Smile
macagy

http://www.loudwind.com

Quote Reply
Oct. 23-30 = 1 week. Vacation, possibly? As far as I know, she's the same as everyone else around here -- just volunteering her time to help out others -- so it really doesn't help to expect her to be around 24/7 to answer each and every question.

Dan

Quote Reply
hi dan,

i hadn't answered you waiting for loisC to make herself a point which she did, honorably
please refer to her post 10:53am today.

cheersSmile
macagy

http://www.loudwind.com