Gossamer Community

Quote Reply
Gossamer Community
Why it's still not released? Frown
Max
The one with Mac OS X Server 10.4 :)
Quote Reply
Re: [maxpico] Gossamer Community In reply to
Its a big job, and I would imagine that they are working flat out on it Wink Best thing is to be patient, but it would be nice if GT gave some feedback with a demo or something Tongue

Andy (mod)
andy@ultranerds.co.uk
Want to give me something back for my help? Please see my Amazon Wish List
GLinks ULTRA Package | GLinks ULTRA Package PRO
Links SQL Plugins | Website Design and SEO | UltraNerds | ULTRAGLobals Plugin | Pre-Made Template Sets | FREE GLinks Plugins!
Quote Reply
Re: [Andy] Gossamer Community In reply to
Check the previous discussion in this forum. Alex said that they released Gossamer Community last week... But the week is already over....
Max
Quote Reply
Mmm..unfortunatly that isn't something I can speak on. It would be best if a member of staff said something. Maybe you want to give Jack or Alex an email about it.

Andy (mod)
andy@ultranerds.co.uk
Want to give me something back for my help? Please see my Amazon Wish List
GLinks ULTRA Package | GLinks ULTRA Package PRO
Links SQL Plugins | Website Design and SEO | UltraNerds | ULTRAGLobals Plugin | Pre-Made Template Sets | FREE GLinks Plugins!
Quote Reply
A couple of days ago I read a post from Alex or Jack that said a department of their office is working on this as fast as they can. I know its a bit of a bummer waiting but its best to let them get it working smoothly...it can't be an easy task.
Quote Reply
Re: [Paul] Gossamer Community In reply to
Yes but mine wasn't a critic. I know very well that Gossamer Threads works very good... :)
Max
Quote Reply
I never implied you were criticizing them...I was answering your question.
Quote Reply
OK it's just for clarification Wink
Max
Quote Reply
I have a funny feeling that the community is much more than just a hack and plug in.
It's probably gonna effect all GT SQL products therefore the time needed for developing.

I too, have been waiting for this and just hope it comes before Thanksgiving Turkey. The Easter Bunny already has come ... Turkey is the next character in line.

Laugh

openoffice + gimp + sketch ... Smile
Quote Reply
Re: [QooQ] Gossamer Community In reply to
Gossamer Community Plugin - it sounds like a fairy tale !

I'm waiting for this since xmas last year !

Crazy

Cheers,

Regards,
Manu

Shopping Portal Shop-Netz.de® | Partnerprogramme | Flugreisen & Billigflüge | KESTERMEDIA e.K. | European Affiliate Marketing Forum.
Quote Reply
Re: [ManuGermany] Gossamer Community In reply to
>>
I'm waiting for this since xmas last year !
<<

I don't think it was ever mentioned until a few months ago. Smile

Edit: ok last year meaning end of 2001 right?...I was thinking 2000 :)

Last edited by:

Paul: May 28, 2002, 9:02 AM
Quote Reply
Cool RIGHT!!!

I HOPE THE COMMUNITY PLUGIN WILL COME VERY SOON!

Things would then be much easier!

Cheers,

Regards,
Manu

Shopping Portal Shop-Netz.de® | Partnerprogramme | Flugreisen & Billigflüge | KESTERMEDIA e.K. | European Affiliate Marketing Forum.
Quote Reply
I wonder if it has turned into a CMS/News syndicate solution? Which also would mean the long development time???

Angelic

Quote Reply
i don't think so, just because this would be a completly different task!

a cms/news syndicate solution has nothing to do with a user-login-solution for all gt-products.

cheers,

Regards,
Manu

Quote Reply
I was just thinking that GT might be doing something like a nuke, which would include the site login and with some products having XML support I was thinking that syndicate solution would just a tad bit more work.

The problem is that we don't know if it's just a plugin ....
just a plugin would be nice for some sites while a larger and broader solution would be better for other sites.

Quote Reply
Yeah I agree with QooQ!
I need Gossamer Community now because I will go in summer holidays soon and I need Gossamer Community for creating my new virtual community!
I've been searching also for months a good and flexible CMS but nothing... :(
Please Alex release Gossamer Community soon! Wink
Max
Quote Reply
There was an official announcement about this on March 21st which answers all the questions here.

I think some of you might have the wrong idea about what the script will actually do, so it might be an idea to read the earlier posts in the announcements forum too.
Quote Reply
Re: [wysardry] Gossamer Community In reply to
We've read many times this post so we know wich type of script will be...
The problem is the release date Unsure
Max
Quote Reply
Crazy Yes, that's right ! .... the release date is the big master question.

when i am looking around i see cobwebs everywhere while im sitting in front of my computer waiting for gossamer community for ages now !

Sly

Cheers,

Regards,
Manu

Quote Reply
If you've read the post so many times, why are you expecting it to be a CMS script, when it has been described as a unified login script?

Alex also explained why the release has been delayed. Complaining about it won't change that.

From what I've seen, GT prefer to release scripts only after they've worked the bugs out of them. There are plenty of alternatives if you don't care about that sort of thing.
Quote Reply
Re: [wysardry] Gossamer Community In reply to
I wasn't saying that Gossamer Community will be a CMS. And probably if someone urgently need it, this will speed up the release date I hope...
Max
Quote Reply
Just an FYI

The GT crew has been working hours that are ungodly to meet with demand and new peoducts. They are well aware of the demand for the community program as well as many other very cool programs coming such as the shopping cart, etc...

Keep your eyes on the announcement forum and I am sure that you will see some good news shortly.

Be patient and understanding.

Smile
Quote Reply
Re: [Teambldr] Gossamer Community In reply to
I wish I new