Gossamer Forum
Home : Gossamer Threads Inc. : Discussion :

Gossamer Chat

Quote Reply
Gossamer Chat
Why not developing a chat to include in Gossamer Community?
Max
The one with Mac OS X Server 10.4 :)
Quote Reply
Re: [maxpico] Gossamer Chat In reply to
How do you know that they aren't? Know something that we don't???

Gossamer Threads has been quite quiet about the GT community package. Many users have speculated what will be included...but no one knows for sure, what will be included...
========================================
Buh Bye!

Cheers,
Me
Quote Reply
Re: [Heckler] Gossamer Chat In reply to
It may be nice if GT actually let us know roughly what will be included, rather than everyone always speculating Wink Could save a lot of confusion.

Andy (mod)
andy@ultranerds.co.uk
Want to give me something back for my help? Please see my Amazon Wish List
GLinks ULTRA Package | GLinks ULTRA Package PRO
Links SQL Plugins | Website Design and SEO | UltraNerds | ULTRAGLobals Plugin | Pre-Made Template Sets | FREE GLinks Plugins!
Quote Reply
Re: [AndyNewby] Gossamer Chat In reply to
Nah! Suspense :-)

- wil
Quote Reply
There better hadn't be a chat script included!!! Angelic
Quote Reply
Re: [Heckler] Gossamer Chat In reply to
GT;s target market is shared hosting accounts. Most of these account terms of service expressly prohibit running chat or irc scripts.

Considering that, it is likely GT Comm will only include the personal messaging system that is available in GT Forum.
--
Rob

SW Montana's Online Community
Modular Model Railroading
Quote Reply
Hi,

We have no plans on developing a chat script right now. I'll be posting an update on Gossamer Community with a lot more details later today or tommorrow.

Cheers,

Alex
--
Gossamer Threads Inc.
Quote Reply
Re: [Alex] Gossamer Chat In reply to
Make that tommorrow. =( Ran out of time today.

Cheers,

Alex
--
Gossamer Threads Inc.
Quote Reply
Re: [Alex] Gossamer Chat In reply to
Hi Alex,

Did you change your mind about the developing of a Gossamer Chat? I'm using Gossamer Forum (great script!) and many users ask me chat rooms to talk in realtime with others users. I would love to have a Gossamer chat script with templates and related to my forum with the Community plugin. Smile

Thank you.

François
Quote Reply
Re: [Franco] Gossamer Chat In reply to
For me I purchased a java chat server package and GT will do a plugin to integrate this into Gcommunity.
Probably is better the way of developing plugin instead of a new product (the chat script) that will involve time of course...
Max
Quote Reply
Thanks Max.

May I know the name of that chat script?
Quote Reply
Re: [Franco] Gossamer Chat In reply to
It's RealChat from RealChat software. http://www.realchat.com
Max
Quote Reply
Why not? the followings:

- Community Albums, your members create their own photo albums - which can then be shared with others in a directory on your site. Just imagine all the new people introduced to your site when people start using your site to share pictures with friends and family.With CommunityAlbums, your members create their own photo albums - which can then be shared with others in a directory on your site. Just imagine all the new people introduced to your site when people start using your site to share pictures with friends and family.

- Create a community of homepages by offering websites to your users. Full-featured page editors allow users to build webpages with a guestbook for their visitors, mini discussion forum, image gallery, polls and many more great interactive features.
Quote Reply
Re: [antoined] Gossamer Chat In reply to
sounds like Yahoo! to me, which many users like using already.
========================================
Buh Bye!

Cheers,
Me
Quote Reply
Re: [Stealth] Gossamer Chat In reply to
It also sounds like a disaster waiting to happen for anything other than a dedicated server. To offer shared hosting on a shared hosting account would be a little like playing russian roulette with five bullets in the gun.

One abusive user would cause everyone to lose their accounts when the host found out.

Besides, moderating a fairly busy forum is enough to contend with on its own.