Gossamer Forum
Home : Gossamer Threads Inc. : Discussion :

AdCycle plugin

(Page 1 of 2)
> >
Quote Reply
AdCycle plugin
If I purchase the AdCycle plugin once can I use it for Gforum and Links SQL 2?
Thanks
Max
The one with Mac OS X Server 10.4 :)
Quote Reply
Re: [maxpico] AdCycle plugin In reply to
I don't personally use GForum, but I know that once it is installed on Links SQL, it has its own seperate admin interface, so there should be no problem with integrating the codes into GForum.

Hope that helps :)

Andy (mod)
andy@ultranerds.co.uk
Want to give me something back for my help? Please see my Amazon Wish List
GLinks ULTRA Package | GLinks ULTRA Package PRO
Links SQL Plugins | Website Design and SEO | UltraNerds | ULTRAGLobals Plugin | Pre-Made Template Sets | FREE GLinks Plugins!
Quote Reply
You would need 2 licenses to run it on Links SQL and GT Forum. They run seperately as well allowing you to have seperate ad code between to two applications.
Quote Reply
Re: [Teambldr] AdCycle plugin In reply to
I would suggest using just one license, as it is only for one domain Tongue I could be wrong, but I think that is well within the license to do this, otherwise people wouldn't be allowed to use one copy of AdCycle on their server. I could be wrong, as I'm assuming there is no plugin for GForum, and thus it will be the Links SQl copy that is used for showing adverts on your GForum.

Hope I didn't confuse you too much...cos I confused myself pretty well Tongue

Andy (mod)
andy@ultranerds.co.uk
Links SQL Plugins | Website Design and SEO | UltraNerds | ULTRAGLobals Plugin | Pre-Made Template Sets | FREE GLinks Plugins!
Quote Reply
Aha! So it's better to purchase it directly from AdCycle so I can use it for both Gforum and Links SQL...
Max
Quote Reply
Re: [Andy] AdCycle plugin In reply to
I have multiple installations of GT products on the same domain and it was required to have a seperate license for each.
Quote Reply
Brian, I am not refering to each product, I'm just refering to AdCycle ;) You may as well just make the most of having one copy of it, and then using it on both GT scripts Wink

Andy (mod)
andy@ultranerds.co.uk
Quote Reply
I had 3 Links SQL and 1 GT Forum on one domain and was required to buy an ADCYCLE license for each that I wanted it on.

One ADCYCLE license per use not per domain or per server.
Quote Reply
I'm not saying its per domain...I interpreted it as he was going to use GForum and LSQL on the same domain, but only wanted to use one copy of AdCycle ;)

Andy (mod)
andy@ultranerds.co.uk
Quote Reply
And by doing that he would be not doing it correctly per GT.

Links SQL needs one licensed copy of ADCYCLE
GT Forum needs an additional license
If he had a second Links SQL install on the same domain a third license would be needed.

Do you get it now?Crazy
Quote Reply
I think Andy means he could buy an adcycle license from adcycle.com rather than two plugins (?)
Quote Reply
Re: [Paul] AdCycle plugin In reply to
Well now I'm confused.

I bought adcycle from adcycle. As far as I know I can use the ONE copy to deliver ads throughout my site, which uses many different programs besides Gt. I can plugin the web adverts where ever I want as long as I am using the same one installitation of adcycle. If I use LSQL I can still plugin the adverts on other pages besides GT. If that is not correct I do not beleive that anyone would buy adcycle.
Quote Reply
Re: [jgkiefer] AdCycle plugin In reply to
It would make a lot more sense just to have a single adcycle install.
Quote Reply
Re: [jgkiefer] AdCycle plugin In reply to
In Reply To:
Well now I'm confused.

I bought adcycle from adcycle. As far as I know I can use the ONE copy to deliver ads throughout my site, which uses many different programs besides Gt. I can plugin the web adverts where ever I want as long as I am using the same one installitation of adcycle. If I use LSQL I can still plugin the adverts on other pages besides GT. If that is not correct I do not beleive that anyone would buy adcycle.

Correct, one copy from AdCycle is enough to run one site Smile

Andy (mod)
andy@ultranerds.co.uk
Quote Reply
if your run both links sql and gt_forum at the same domain,

you can use your links_sql adcycle also for your forum. you don't need to install adcycle twice. just insert your links_sql-adcycle-code into the templates of your forum and you can manage all from your links_sql-plugins-admin.

cheers,

Regards,
Manu

Shopping Portal Shop-Netz.de® | Partnerprogramme | Flugreisen & Billigflüge | KESTERMEDIA e.K. | European Affiliate Marketing Forum.
Quote Reply
Re: [ManuGermany] AdCycle plugin In reply to
Ok but like this AdCycle wil tought that the forum is links sql so I can't distinguish them in the campains...
Max
Quote Reply
if i do understand you right, then all you have to do is to create one or some more groups in adcycle which you only use for your forum. insert the group-id-code into the forum-templates and then you can create campains and let them only be displayed in your forum groups. that's it.

Cheers,

Regards,
Manu

Shopping Portal Shop-Netz.de® | Partnerprogramme | Flugreisen & Billigflüge | KESTERMEDIA e.K. | European Affiliate Marketing Forum.
Quote Reply
Mmmhh...
But do you think that this plugin is convinient or it will be better to purchase it from adcycle.com?
Thanks
Max
Quote Reply
i think, the plugin is ok. of course it always could be better!

Wink

i use it now for round about three years and it's o.k. i don't know if you should buy it directly from adcycle.com but if i would have the choice, i would buy it directly from gt again, because they have a much better support than adcycle.com and as far as i know they did some coding to make it work better with their products than the original one.

another point to me is, that it is much more convinient for me to use a single adcycle-installation for all my gt-products than to have it installed twice or more, just because i have one admin-area for all my advertisers.

Regards,
Manu

Quote Reply
Fantastic then! I will buy it from GT.
Thanks for the advice Wink
Max
Quote Reply
>>
i use it now for round about three years.
<<

The plugin or adcycle?
Quote Reply
the adcycle-plugin from the gt-downloadarea!

Regards,
Manu

Quote Reply
I didn't think it had been available for 3 years :)
Quote Reply
ok, i said round about. maybe it's only two till two and a half.

Regards,
Manu

Quote Reply
>>
Adcycle
Gossamer Threads Inc. - 2002-02-01
<<

Wink
> >