Gossamer Forum
Home : Gossamer Threads Inc. : Discussion :

GT Product Price Points

Quote Reply
GT Product Price Points
Question to GT. So if and when will GT be raising its price points for its products? The CDN dollar is at a 12 year high against the US dollar as the latter collapses against the CDN dollar and some other currencies like the Euro. The CDN dollar now buys over 82 cents US, where about two years ago it bought between 62 and 63 cents when it was at its all time low - up nearly 32 percent in the last two years. This has got to be cutting into your bottom line. I raised my price points about 25 percent earlier this year to account for the rise in the CDN dollar. Economists are saying that the CDN dollar could hit 85 cents in the next 6 to 12 months - but it looks like it may be sooner than later. And some say it may reach the 90's or even par with the US dollar within the next five years or so.

----
Cheers,

Dan
Founder and CEO

LionsGate Creative
GoodPassRobot
Magelln
Quote Reply
Re: [dan] GT Product Price Points In reply to
Hi,

While the exchange rate certainly doesn't help things, (I remember the good ol days with the 1.69 rate), we don't have any plans to increase our prices at this time. =)

Cheers,

Alex
--
Gossamer Threads Inc.
Quote Reply
Re: [Alex] GT Product Price Points In reply to
Actually I only recall it going as high as 1.55 or so (inverse of .62 is 1.60), but nevertheless (as the song goes), those were the days, my friend =) In any event, people will be happy to see that GT is staying firm with your prices for the time being.

----
Cheers,

Dan
Founder and CEO

LionsGate Creative
GoodPassRobot
Magelln
Quote Reply
Re: [dan] GT Product Price Points In reply to
Quote:
In any event, people will be happy to see that GT is staying firm with your prices for the time being.

Indeed =)

Quote:
Actually I only recall it going as high as 1.55 or so (inverse of .62 is 1.60),

Ditto. Exchange rates really suck at the moment :/ (after paypal take their fees, I end up getting about 50% of the USD value (about £175 for $300US Frown)).

Ah well, life goes on!

Cheers

Andy (mod)
andy@ultranerds.co.uk
Want to give me something back for my help? Please see my Amazon Wish List
GLinks ULTRA Package | GLinks ULTRA Package PRO
Links SQL Plugins | Website Design and SEO | UltraNerds | ULTRAGLobals Plugin | Pre-Made Template Sets | FREE GLinks Plugins!
Quote Reply
Re: [Andy] GT Product Price Points In reply to
>> Ditto. Exchange rates really suck at the moment :/ (after paypal take their fees,
>> I end up getting about 50% of the USD value (about £175 for $300US Frown)).

Hopefully, the coming election will help things. All we can do is keep our fingers crossed, and if a US Citizen, VOTE!

PUGDOG� Enterprises, Inc.

The best way to contact me is to NOT use Email.
Please leave a PM here.
Quote Reply
Re: [pugdog] GT Product Price Points In reply to
Coming election help how? As an aside, my mother is actually voting in this election - dual Canadian/US citizenship (born in US, but moved to Canada when she was 3). She's voting Democrat across the board. I believe over 600,000 Canadians can vote in this US General Election - with polls indicating over 75% of them favouring Kerry. Hopefully they register and cast a ballot =)

----
Cheers,

Dan
Founder and CEO

LionsGate Creative
GoodPassRobot
Magelln
Quote Reply
Re: [Andy] GT Product Price Points In reply to
You cannot expect to get full exchange rate, even with PayPal. Today I transferred a payment from PayPal to my business banking account (after trading had closed).

1.1964 PayPal US-> CDN Exchange Rate
1.2244 Actual US-> CDN Exchange Rate
======
0.0280 Difference

For a $1000 US purchase, the difference is the conversion amounts to $28.00 CDN (plus whopping $0.50 US PayPal transfer fee). How does it compare with US -> UK conversion?

----
Cheers,

Dan
Founder and CEO

LionsGate Creative
GoodPassRobot
Magelln