Gossamer Forum
Home : Gossamer Threads Inc. : Discussion :

GM & Integrated IM /Group Conferenceing

Quote Reply
GM & Integrated IM /Group Conferenceing
Hi,

Just implemented Jabber 1.4.2 and using Exodus client. Works great. Now this is merely a suggestion for having a messaging solution integrated with GM:

(1). Implement Jabber Messaging Server (why reinvent the wheel).

(2). Have a Client compatible/portable on all major OS with following features:

Each GM Webmail Account Owner permitted one Messaging Account. It would be best if the user.xml file is written to /usr/local/jabber/spool/domain/user.xml file right when the account is activated.

The Signup should only be valid /active if the Webmail Account is active.

The Client should be configurable by the Owner of Licensed Copy to include logos etc.

When the webmail account is suspended or deleted, the IM account is also suspended and signup not permitted.

In the client, the server part should be as defined in the GM setup assuming that all domains will be included as host in the jabber.xml file.

A good client (aesthetically) is the one at http://integritymessenger.com who are using jabberd messaging server (and also offering co-branded client). When companies like Oracle are bundling jabber into oracle applications (i read it somewhere) there should be no second thoughts.

With a good robust client developed I think GT can just have the IM/Conferencing implemented in all the other products like Forum etc.....

And the best part is Jabber IS FREE......so the whole package (Jabber +Client) is within affordable reach of many.

Thnx

Anup
Quote Reply
Re: [anup123] GM & Integrated IM /Group Conferenceing In reply to
Might be better served/posted in the GM Discussion Forum.
========================================
Buh Bye!

Cheers,
Me
Quote Reply
Re: [Stealth] GM & Integrated IM /Group Conferenceing In reply to
Seems I have lost sense of direction. Thats getting me advises of posting it not where i have posted. It was concerning a FUTURE FEATURE so i posted here

Anup
Quote Reply
Yea...a future feature of GM, which AGAIN, should be posted in a relevant GM forum, not in the general Discussion forum!
Buh Bye!

Cheers,
Me
Quote Reply
Post questions about Gossamer Threads as a company or new ideas for programs you'd like to see.

Just an FYI Eliot.Smile
Quote Reply
Re: [Teambldr] GM & Integrated IM /Group Conferenceing In reply to
Uh...Brian, I think it is MORE appropriate to post product related suggestions in product related forums. If people have ideas about new products that could be developed, then this general discussion forum would be appropriate. I think that ideas posted about products in non-related product forums are not productive or constructive, thus I posted my opinion in the above threads, mr. showoff.
Buh Bye!

Cheers,
Me
Quote Reply
Re: [Teambldr] GM & Integrated IM /Group Conferenceing In reply to
Same description in the GM Discussion forum...hmm, me thinks that GT needs to make their forum descriptions more specific, but I still stand by my previous statements...
Buh Bye!

Cheers,
Me
Quote Reply
Is there a purpose for the use of the derogatory term "Mr. Showoff"?

I am sorry, if you do not agree with the way the forum is set up maybe you should take it up with GT instead of attempting to belittle others that are only following the way the forum is set up.Smile
Quote Reply
GM & Integrated IM /Group Conferenceing In reply to
Is there a real need for any of this?

A thread has yet again been taken away from the original topic and resulted in an argument which will possibly cause the thread (or part of it) to be deleted or locked.

If you wish to make a point then it is a public forum so go ahead, but please don't drag the thread on by getting into a deeper argument because we all know that sooner or later it will be locked, and nothing really productive comes of it and the thread starter then has no chance of having their question answered.

Making a point about a thread being in the wrong place is fine, if a staff member or moderator feels this is the case they'll move it, why debate the issue until its death? (rhetorical)

Last edited by:

Paul: Aug 28, 2002, 11:54 AM
Quote Reply
just Ctrl+C and Ctrl+V of what this forum is about (where I have posted this)

Post questions about Gossamer Threads as a company or new ideas for programs you'd like to see.

this needs a change perhaps if my english has not deteriorated to extent where i have to rejoin my Primary Classes at this age...and BTW even when I was there few decades back we were never taught to be disdainful in attitude (Loyola School - a branch perhaps of Loyola College/Univ in US managed by disciplined disciples of almighty)

And i would like to end it here! If it has to be an altercation it can be on some room in Yahoo Chat... Join me my id is thunderbolt963.....

Anup

Last edited by:

anup123: Aug 28, 2002, 12:23 PM
Quote Reply
I think that it's a positive, inventive idea and something with a bit more know-how than me should give it a good look.
Quote Reply
Re: [Derrida] GM & Integrated IM /Group Conferenceing In reply to
Hi,

This mesage was posted with that very intention but it got all the undesired response (of which i have indeed become accustomed to since last 10 months on the forum).

I hope I get a response from a "Integration Pro" and "DisIntegration Pros" just ignore this thread initiated by me...

Thnx

Anup
Quote Reply
Yeah, totally agree. Stick with it :)
Quote Reply
Excuse me, But again, I think this type of post is better served in the GT product SPECIFIC forum!
Buh Bye!

Cheers,
Me
Quote Reply
A mis hit bombing again..... "I Am OK You Are OK". I still would post future feature requests here and vey much here..... where were u when I had made so many of them here in this Forum?

Had u read it in detail u wouldn't have engaged in this dual with me. Its a generic one by nature as the feature could have been integrated with more than one GT product. So in other words post in all the forums the same request and get banned by GT from posting.... naaah....

Read a book called "I Am OK You Are OK" by Dr Thomas Harris and u'l stop indulging into all this....."I Am OK And You Are Not OK" attitude has also been clasified in that book and it is an interesting one... something to do with child dominating the PAC domain of a Human being in general....

Smile

Anup

Last edited by:

anup123: Aug 31, 2002, 4:58 AM