Gossamer Forum
Home : Gossamer Threads Inc. : Discussion :

Password, Demographic infos Encryption

Quote Reply
Password, Demographic infos Encryption
Hello Everyone: Could someone please give some ideas about solving these issues:

1) I would like to login to my Gossamer Account from the internet. How can I encrypt my Login Password or Demographic infos.

I have setup SSL and everything is fine. Now the question is, should I use the login_page/(registration_page) through (https://...) or what is the solution.

Please give some specific hints or intructions if possible.
Quote Reply
Re: [pyc] Password, Demographic infos Encryption In reply to
Why would you want to hide that information?

I'm not going to point a finger (and I may be totally off course on what you are trying to do).. but I see the only reason to do that is to allow up-to-date anonymous downloads using a single account to whatever you have licensed to your login name.

I don't really understand what you meant by all the encrypting login password and demographic infos, but isn't that just like saying.. How can I setup access to my Gossamer Account without who is downloading the file being trackable?

Iduno.. I'm going crazy. No sleep.

--
jsu
Quote Reply
Re: [Seto Kaiba] Password, Demographic infos Encryption In reply to
I think pyc wants to have the connection between his computer and the GT server secure and so that the username and password are not transmitted unencrypted across the internet.
--
Rob

SW Montana's Online Community
Modular Model Railroading
Quote Reply
Re: [vanderen] Password, Demographic infos Encryption In reply to
Oh.....

So it's a case of paranoia?

Well, pyc, doesn't GT give you instructions? You click that URL in your email and enter your email and that password.

--
jsu
Quote Reply
Re: [Seto Kaiba] Password, Demographic infos Encryption In reply to
it sounds to me like he's trying to make the connection to "his" gossamer account secure - ie. his setup of gossamer mail on his server - not anything to do with the setup on GT. Makes sense when he mentions he has ssl setup on his server.

i think he'd need to point the url's to the https site - I'm not sure if you can seperate the login url's from the main operating pages - maybe one for gt to answer. Should be possible though with a bit of fiddling.

r.