Gossamer Forum
Home : Gossamer Threads Inc. : Discussion :

community question

Quote Reply
community question
Hi All

Just wanted to ask a question regarding the long awaited cummunity plugin and that is, is it possible to tell us all when we can expect it to be rolled of to the world.

I have all 3 programs, forum - links sql - and emailWink and i am waiting for the cummunity to come out before i start my site.

So Blushplease Alex can you give us a taste of when it may be available.

ThanksSmile

Kirk

--------------------------------------------------

Life isn't like a box of chocolates ... it's more like a jar of jalapenos. What you do today might burn your ass tomorrow.
Quote Reply
Re: [mekro] community question In reply to
http://www.gossamer-threads.com/...orum.cgi?post=188239

Your guess is as good as mine.

- wil
Quote Reply
Re: [Wil] community question In reply to
I emailed Alex about this but go no reply Unsure I know that GT were "overwhelmed" with the success of LinksSQL so I guess they are still meeting all their orders.

I'm also waiting to finish a site and can't wait for community. I think Alex will be surprised by how many orders he will get for Community. Please, please... pretty please can you update us/release it Sly

JeffB.
Quote Reply
Re: [jeffb] community question In reply to
/me gave false information.

Last edited by:

Paul: Apr 25, 2002, 2:12 AM
Quote Reply
Re: [Paul] community question In reply to
Free?! Where did you get that idea from - time for some more coffee :-)

In the recent announcement, Alex stated, and I quote:

Quote:
The price is going to be nominal, as this is just the "glue" that will integrate all our products together. No final decisions have been made on that though.

- wil
Quote Reply
Re: [Paul] community question In reply to
Alex's message also said that there would be a separate plugin for each GT product...

Do we know if that includes the dinosaur - DBMan? Anyone heard anything on that front? I'm using both Forum and DBMan (the flat-file version), and I need an integrated login... I figure this could be difficult since presumably Community will use SQL...

Fractured Atlas :: Liberate the Artist
Services: Healthcare, Fiscal Sponsorship, Marketing, Education, The Emerging Artists Fund
Quote Reply
Re: [mekro] community question In reply to
I am just testing this web site, cause I am developing a discussion forum in CGI/Perl as a University coursework, and this one looks very good and friendly.

Sorry if I bothered anyone!!

Hontza Crazy
Quote Reply
Re: [hontza] community question In reply to
Hi Hontza

No problems! Welcome aboard! If you could develop something as sleek as this I'm sure you'll be well on your way to full marks ;-)

- wil
Quote Reply
Re: [Wil] community question In reply to
I will try my best to get full marks. Smile

Hontza Cool