Gossamer Forum
Quote Reply
For GT staff
I've exchanged some emails with a member of GT staff about the Gossamer Community script.
I'm not getting a reply since the 14 November, I sent the email two times again. So because I'm getting no replies and my need for community is pretty urgent, I post a message here.
My site has been down for an entire month waiting for community. CrazyNow I've released the site without community just because I can't wait any longer. Because I need to plan things, I need to know when Community will be released at list more or less with a special plugin that I need.
I hope that someone from GT will reply soon.
I don't want to blame GT but I need a clear reply.
Thanks
Max
The one with Mac OS X Server 10.4 :)

Last edited by:

maxpico: Dec 5, 2002, 5:18 AM
Quote Reply
Re: [maxpico] For GT staff In reply to
In regular intervals users like you or me have asked for Gossamer Community. Result of the last thread some weeks ago was that GT deleted the contributions. So do not expect an answer from them.

Customer? What does this word mean? ;-)

Matt
Classical music on the net: http://www.klassik.com
Quote Reply
Re: [Brahms] For GT staff In reply to
Are you sure the staff deleted a thread?

It seems unlike them to do something like that unless there was something in the thread that was inappropriate.

There have been so many threads regarding the community anyway that deleting one wouldn't really make a difference.

If there is no news to provide you with then there is no reason for the staff to post anything. There's not much point in Alex posting every week saying "Nothing to report yet".

I do know however that they are getting closer as a nameless person came across a password protected page relating to the community which means the GT staff are certainly still working on it :)

Last edited by:

Paul: Dec 6, 2002, 6:03 AM
Quote Reply
Re: [Paul] For GT staff In reply to
Quote:
...as a nameless person came across a password ...

Paul, what are you doing sneaking around GT's server again? Laugh (j/k)

Andy (mod)
andy@ultranerds.co.uk
Want to give me something back for my help? Please see my Amazon Wish List
GLinks ULTRA Package | GLinks ULTRA Package PRO
Links SQL Plugins | Website Design and SEO | UltraNerds | ULTRAGLobals Plugin | Pre-Made Template Sets | FREE GLinks Plugins!
Quote Reply
The thread is no longer available. Who else can delete threads?

Matt
Classical music on the net: http://www.klassik.com
Quote Reply
Paul excuse me but that's not the point.
As I said, people needs to PLAN things over time. And if these things depends on Gcommunity there are no reason to stay in silence.
Alex or someone at GT should post some updates on things. And if a customer send an email for infos they must reply.
Probably if GT focus its energy on Community, without developing other things, it will be easier.
Don't try always to defend GT. It's a great company and because I know it I've chosen their solutions... But try to be realistic! In this case there are no explanations. And if there are explanations GT must inform its customers! Mad
Max

Last edited by:

maxpico: Dec 6, 2002, 6:42 AM
Quote Reply
Re: [Brahms] For GT staff In reply to
In Reply To:
The thread is no longer available. Who else can delete threads?

Matt

Forum mods....

Where was it located? Another thing could be that it was moved... Crazy

Andy (mod)
andy@ultranerds.co.uk
Want to give me something back for my help? Please see my Amazon Wish List
GLinks ULTRA Package | GLinks ULTRA Package PRO
Links SQL Plugins | Website Design and SEO | UltraNerds | ULTRAGLobals Plugin | Pre-Made Template Sets | FREE GLinks Plugins!
Quote Reply
Quote:
Paul excuse me but that's not the point.

As I said, people needs to PLAN things over time. And if these things depends on Gcommunity there are no reason to stay in silence.

Gossamer never gave a specific release date and so if you planned your site around the community then I sympathise with your situation but perhaps you shouldn't have relied so heavily until you had clearer details.

Quote:
And if a customer send an email for infos they must reply.

I agree entirely.

Quote:
Probably if GT focus its energy on Community, without developing other things, it will be easier.

As mentioned in the past each staff member has their own "project" to work on. Jason works on GForum, "Inertia" works on DBManSQL (I think) and Alex is working on the community. When you see new scripts being released it probably appears like they have prioritized that script over the community, but they haven't it will just be a different staff member that has been working on it.

Quote:
Don't try always to defend GT.

I don't, but I can see things from both sides. I know what it is like to code scripts but I am also a GT client so like you demand good support but so far I have received that, which is the only reason I defend them.

Last edited by:

Paul: Dec 6, 2002, 6:53 AM
Quote Reply
Re: [Andy] For GT staff In reply to
I've browsed a little more into the discussion forum and discovered a closed thread about this.

http://www.gossamer-threads.com/...psed;page=last;#last

Please read the above post.
Now I understand things better. Alex tells about Community implemented on some custom sites. I've asked GT to be one of this custom sites weeks ago and they didn't replied me about that! I CCd also to Alex.... Crazy
Max

Last edited by:

maxpico: Dec 6, 2002, 6:56 AM
Quote Reply
Re: [] For GT staff In reply to
It makes me wonder if I had written a Community plugin to tie in all products together 12 months ago and sold it to every moaning customer on these boards how rich I would be today. ;-)

- wil

Last edited by:

Wil: Dec 6, 2002, 7:22 AM
Quote Reply
Hi,

I'm sorry about the delays. Jack is away on vacation right now and isn't due back for another week. I wanted to check with him first before getting back to you, as I'm not aware what you have discussed.

We have implemented Gossamer Community on a number of custom sites, and can do it for you as a custom job. It's not quite ready yet for general release as there are still some cleanup issues, and language issues we have to deal with, however we are planning to put a beta out very soon.

Cheers,

Alex
--
Gossamer Threads Inc.
Quote Reply
Re: [Alex] For GT staff In reply to
Thanks Alex.
That's what I wanted from you. Wink
Yes please check with Jack when he comes back because we exchanged long messages.
However when I asked Jack about making the plugin for my chat (I gave him clear instructions) he replied that this can be done but not for the moment and that he hadn't programmers for do that.
Obviously the custom job will depend on how much will this cost as I run a non-profit organization. It also depends on when community will be released. If it will be release on January I'll wait; I waited long so another month isn't catastrophic but if this will take more...
Please send me a private message for this custom job clarification.
Max
Quote Reply
I noticed from a post that Jack is back.
Now can you send me the reply? Unsure
Thanks
Max
Quote Reply
Alex and Jack.... I'm still waiting...... Mad
Max