Gossamer Forum
Home : Gossamer Threads Inc. : Discussion :

GT working on?

(Page 3 of 4)
> > > >
Quote Reply
Re: [SandraR] GT working on? In reply to
Hi Sandra,
what update do you mean. Did I miss something?
Matthias

Matthias
gpaed.de
Quote Reply
Re: [Matthias70] GT working on? In reply to
I was speaking of the forum update. With each update there are a ton of bugs. I would hate to see them rush and it turn into a nightmare to update our versions.

Sandra Roussel
Chonsa Group Design - Fresh Start Housing
Quote Reply
SandraR wrote:
I was speaking of the forum update. With each update there are a ton of bugs. I would hate to see them rush and it turn into a nightmare to update our versions.

Sandra, I totally agree, but when GT was talking about a target of 31. August 2008 and nothing happens till now. It's time to ask what has happen?

Matthias
gpaed.de

Last edited by:

Matthias70: Feb 7, 2009, 10:47 AM
Quote Reply
I am personally eager to see all the new social options, and can only assume this update is gonna be awesome. August was some time ago, and I can understand your frustration. Sometimes it takes a few re-dates to come up with a masterpiece.

For me. I am willing to wait and hope the plug-in bugs and general bugs will be none to little when this is completed.

Sandra Roussel
Chonsa Group Design - Fresh Start Housing

Last edited by:

SandraR: Feb 7, 2009, 11:10 AM
Quote Reply
The "complainers" as you put it are not asking for a rushed and buggy update but for regular information on progress. People like to know what is going on. It's good PR to let them know, otherwise they'll eventually go elsewhere.
Quote Reply
Re: [Wychwood] GT working on? In reply to
Wychwood wrote:
The "complainers" as you put it are not asking for a rushed and buggy update but for regular information on progress. People like to know what is going on. It's good PR to let them know, otherwise they'll eventually go elsewhere.

I totally agree.
I want to install GT Forum 2.0 on my site and I'm waiting for it now quite a long time.
My users are asking me, when there is a forum on my site?
I can not answer these questions for nearly two years...

Matthias
gpaed.de
Quote Reply
Very much agreed! Seems were all kept in the dark currently about the status of these projects. I was going to have some customer work done last year for GT Forums and Community but was told it was part of the upcoming release that fall. We're almost to the following spring and still no results.
Quote Reply
Re: [LordStryfe] GT working on? In reply to
Seems like everybody at GT is still working on the new forum and nobody has time to check the forums Whistle

Matthias
gpaed.de
Quote Reply
Re: [DeadMan] GT working on? In reply to
Thought would want to see this email. Additionally I'm going to assume since it wasn't addressed that my custom work order request was denied by the company.

Hi Jason,

We're spread pretty thin right now on manpower with all the projects we
have on the go, so unfortunately, there won't be any new versions coming
out until the middle of the summer, about July or August.

At that point, we hope to have GForum 2 and GCommunity 2 done and
released. GLinks is a much bigger program and will likely have to wait
till the end of the year for a major update.

Jack.

> I am working on my site and wanted to know if the new version of the
> Gossamer Forum will be out soon as I would like to update immedately.
> Additionally, I am wanting to know what the price would be on a luna
> template for Gossamer Community would be and how quickly I could this.
> Also, will their be any new upgrades for Gossamer Links anytime soon?

Quote Reply
Hi Jason, thank you for the information...

Would have been fair, to get this information from GT staff and not from another user!!!

All the time I thought GT is working hard on the gforum update.
How can GT start new projects, when the already started projects (gforum 2.0) are not finished yet?
Has GTs priority changed from building software to building websites?
It's all about money, I know, but for me it's seems like GT is loosing it's roots...

Thanks

Matthias
gpaed.de
Quote Reply
Matthias70 wrote:
Hi Jason, thank you for the information...

Would have been fair, to get this information from GT staff and not from another user!!!

All the time I thought GT is working hard on the gforum update.
How can GT start new projects, when the already started projects (gforum 2.0) are not finished yet?
Has GTs priority changed from building software to building websites?
It's all about money, I know, but for me it's seems like GT is loosing it's roots...

Thanks

Yup!
Quote Reply
Re: [Payooo] GT working on? In reply to
It is a pity to have to wait that long and it is a pity that there is a lack of communication.
I still appreciate the work and products of GT and I am looking forward to seeing the new releases.
It´s nice that there are still many active users supporting each other and the products in this forum.
Probably at the moment its them that keep this product line alive.
On the other hand the "big" projects will hopefully influence future releases Smile.
Just my 2 cents.

Regards

Niko
Quote Reply
Re: [el noe] GT working on? In reply to
I think we need to be patient.

This is a major release in which its changing templates and alot of other things, and as a company GT needs to make sure its ready to support upgrades from muliple different configurations.
Quote Reply
Re: [carminejg3] GT working on? In reply to
carminejg3 wrote:

This is a major release in which its changing templates and alot of other things, and as a company GT needs to make sure its ready to support upgrades from muliple different configurations.

I don't think GT or any other company in their right mind would spend months or years of time coding, just so the new release could be upgraded easily from different configuration. In addition, doubt most GLinks users would mind spending 10 minutes more while doing manual upgrade (if new version can be easily upgraded from old one) to have new features within GLinks.

I have no clues on what exact features GLinks is working on right now, however based on their previous upgrades, I would not be surprised to see better RSS feed ability and/or New Listings page update, Top Listings page update.. etc and few other features in the next release.

But in anycase, GT have never let their users down. In my opinion, currently GLinks is so far ahead of its competitors, its hard to figure out who is number 2.

Vishal
-------------------------------------------------------
Quote Reply
Re: [carminejg3] GT working on? In reply to
carminejg3 wrote:

I can see a reasonable ammount of patients being used but when timeframes are not being met and then GT stops being proactive with communication I can see where many are upset.
Quote Reply
Jack wrote:
March 2009
We're spread pretty thin right now on manpower with all the projects we
have on the go, so unfortunately, there won't be any new versions coming
out until the middle of the summer, about July or August.

At that point, we hope to have GForum 2 and GCommunity 2 done and
released. GLinks is a much bigger program and will likely have to wait
till the end of the year for a major update.

Jack.

Just want to remember GT that we are still waiting for some updates.
July and August 2009 are long ago. And you gave us the same information as above in August 2008, too
I'm really don't mind hours and days and month, but years???

Matthias
gpaed.de
Quote Reply
Yup (again!)
Quote Reply
Re: [gt-ian] GT working on? In reply to
gt-ian wrote:
Hi guys,

GForum v.2.0.0 Release Date:
The targeted BETA release date for GForum v2.0.0 as of right now is August 31, 2008. You definitely will not have wait another year.

Luna-based template for Gossamer Community:
This is definitely on our list of product updates - again, expect it roughly around the same time as the GForum v2.0.0 release.

"You definitely will not have wait another year"

More than a year ;)
Quote Reply
Matthias70 wrote:
Just want to remember GT that we are still waiting for some updates.
July and August 2009 are long ago. And you gave us the same information as above in August 2008, too
I'm really don't mind hours and days and month, but years???

Hi Matthias,

I am also eagerly waiting for some updates for GLinks (or atleast to hear about them) & understand that its been a long time since we heard anything from GT about it. However I just don't think it is right to write-off Alex, Jack, Adrian & GT team just yet - I am pretty sure, they are much more diligent then many other script developer.

Its been ages since GLinks (aka Links SQL) has been an integral part of our sites, and is also GT's flagship product. I doubt GT team would let down its product or client-base that easily.

Again, I share your frustration, and am hoping GT is also reading this thread too.

Vishal
Quote Reply
Re: [SWDevil.Com] GT working on? In reply to
>>
I doubt GT team would let down its product or client-base that easily.
<<

They already have.
Quote Reply
SWDevil.Com wrote:

...and am hoping GT is also reading this thread too...

The problem is: you are "hoping"...
You should be SURE that they are reading AND responding to forum posts.
Quote Reply
Payooo wrote:
gt-ian wrote:
Hi guys,

GForum v.2.0.0 Release Date:
The targeted BETA release date for GForum v2.0.0 as of right now is August 31, 2008. You definitely will not have wait another year.

Luna-based template for Gossamer Community:
This is definitely on our list of product updates - again, expect it roughly around the same time as the GForum v2.0.0 release.

Thanks Payooo,
could not find this part yesterday.
I think it says all about GT at the moment...

@ Vishal
>> I doubt GT team would let down its product or client-base that easily.

I think they already have. I have an german translation of glinks and they did not translate glinks 3.3 into german.
Normaly the new release of glinks was translated into german in 2 or 3 weeks. 3.3 was released in May 09 and I still have to use glinks 3.2 :-(

Matthias
gpaed.de
Quote Reply
Payooo wrote:
SWDevil.Com wrote:

...and am hoping GT is also reading this thread too...

The problem is: you are "hoping"...
You should be SURE that they are reading AND responding to forum posts.

My dear friend, it was just a polite way of writing.

Here is what I should have written.

I am SURE that they are reading the forum. I will not back-down from something that I am this sure of.

In past I have had phone conversations with both Alex & Jack, and they are just not the type to abandon their user-base.

**** edit ****
P.S..... Sorry, don't take it personal if the post sounds too strong. (I have 5 licenses and would love to see & make updates on different sites with new options & features)
I am also frustrated same as you, however comeon GT team is also made up of humans and do have their list of priorities. So I am *sure* they are reading the posts and will also understand that their user-base has been waiting for long time and is looking forward for some update.

Vishal

Last edited by:

SWDevil.Com: Oct 19, 2009, 10:08 AM
Quote Reply
No problem Smile

I also have a few licenses and been faithful to GT products for almost 10 years.
GT team has been extremely helpful in the past and they are great.

But, I make a living from a few web sites which are based on GLinks and Community.
When I do not see updates as promised, I start to worry.
What disturbs me more, is that there is no reply to this thread from official GT team for over a year.

I know they are humans, but if they can not post one or two posts every month just to keep us updated...Frown

If Andy wasn't here and helping people, I think this forum would be dead.
Quote Reply
I agree.

It takes a few minutes for a member of staff to post a message. With all the concern in this thread you'd think they would respond to provide assurance, even if it's just "We will provide more info in due course" - but......they haven't.

They have neglected the people that made GT what it is today. I can't believe people still come here hoping for updates. My advice would be to move on. There are better products out there with active communities made by companies treating their clients properly.
> > > >