Gossamer Forum
Home : Gossamer Threads Inc. : Discussion :

GT Forum is dying!?

Quote Reply
GT Forum is dying!?
Is GT forum dying?

Previously, I could see about hundred post a day. Now, I go once I week here and see maybe twenty new posts.

Is this because there is no new software from GT and no new updates of "old" software or people just don't use GT software as much as it was before? (many many sites have been using Links 2.0 Flat. Now, I'm really surprised when I come across on site which is using GLinks or GForum)

Have GT software fall behind or people just like new cheap "clone turnkey" software which cannot be compared to GT software?

I'm just interested.

Regards.

P.S. Still using GLinks and GForum on my site. I think first installation of Links 2.0 flat-file was in 1997.

UnReal Network
Quote Reply
Re: [DeadMan] GT Forum is dying!? In reply to
DeadMan wrote:
...... Now, I go once I week here and see maybe twenty new posts.

...and if Andy wasn't here I doubt that you'd see that many. Frown
Quote Reply
Re: [MJB] GT Forum is dying!? In reply to
1. Lack of development
2. Lack of development ;-)
3. Lots of open source software

Thanks to Andy and his great support...

Matthias
gpaed.de
Quote Reply
Re: [DeadMan] GT Forum is dying!? In reply to
Hi,

I still love Links for I use many of the features for data handling. It is far more than a link-collecting software and it is still great though there has been more development and traffic some time before.
It is a pity that it seems that their own products, especcially Links is not the focus product of GT any more.
When you look at http://www.gossamer-threads.com/lists/ there is a lot of interesting products which are supportet - probably interesting projects. I love bricolage, Wikimedia and RT.
Maybe there is not enough revenue or Links is not considered beeing state of the art which might be in comparison to some of the above.
Maybe it´s the handling of the core modules or whatever or maybe consulting is cheaper and easier to provide than development. Who knows.
I want to thank Andy, too for keeping the forum alive and I guess I will stay here with Links and the for I don´t think there is anything better yet.

Regards

niko