Gossamer Forum
Home : Gossamer Threads Inc. : Discussion :

Rph-verify upgrade suggestion

Quote Reply
Rph-verify upgrade suggestion
It seems that rph-verify.cgi hangs a lot when trying to resolve URL’s. It would be nice if a new category could be added for link validation called “Skipped”. Then set rph-verify to skip the troublesome URL after x amount of time, move it to the “skipped” category, then move on. We could retry “skipped” at a later time. That may make checking large databases move a bit more quickly.
Would also be nice to be able to schedule a cron rph-verify to only run for x amount of time and then stop. Somathing like (cron) rph-verify.cgi --check_new --check_from number_of_days_ago --run_4hours
I don’t know how to improve the performance of rph-verify, the skipped thing may help.
Any improvement would be welcome.

Quote Reply
Re: [jgkiefer] Rph-verify upgrade suggestion In reply to
It would also be nice if people used the right forums for their questions/comments Wink Try posting this in the Links 2 forums ;)

Andy (mod)
andy@ultranerds.co.uk
Want to give me something back for my help? Please see my Amazon Wish List
GLinks ULTRA Package | GLinks ULTRA Package PRO
Links SQL Plugins | Website Design and SEO | UltraNerds | ULTRAGLobals Plugin | Pre-Made Template Sets | FREE GLinks Plugins!
Quote Reply
Re: [AndyNewby] Rph-verify upgrade suggestion In reply to
...and what if he's using Links SQL Tongue
Quote Reply
Re: [AndyNewby] Rph-verify upgrade suggestion In reply to
I am running the latest version on LinksSQL. I thought this forum was for suggestions and feedback. My database has over 120000links and rph-verify is a pain.

Sorry if this is not the correct forum.

Unsure

Quote Reply
Re: [jgkiefer] Rph-verify upgrade suggestion In reply to
You really should post "suggestions/comments/questions" about Links SQL in the Links SQL Discussion Forum.

Read the forum descriptions more carefully.
========================================
Buh Bye!

Cheers,
Me
Quote Reply
Re: [AnthroRules] Rph-verify upgrade suggestion In reply to
Sorry.
Frown