Gossamer Forum
Home : Gossamer Threads Inc. : Discussion :

I would Still Look For The Erstwhile Response Times On Forum

Quote Reply
I would Still Look For The Erstwhile Response Times On Forum
Hi GT Staff.

Sad to say, the response times have certainly taken a not so comfortable path on the forum ... at least that's what i feel. I think it's time now that a Permanent FAQ style repository is built from the data available on forum so that it could be more helpful for users. Currently digging thru the forum thru search is pretty cumbersome process.

This is just an observation and a request based on experience of last two years maybe.

TIA
Anup
Quote Reply
Re: [anup123] I would Still Look For The Erstwhile Response Times On Forum In reply to
Are 5 minute replys not quick enough for you? Wink

You have to remember... we are volunteers.... and thus don't have to help at all. Its a favor from webmaster-to-webmaster.

Just my opinion :)

Cheers

Andy (mod)
andy@ultranerds.co.uk
Want to give me something back for my help? Please see my Amazon Wish List
GLinks ULTRA Package | GLinks ULTRA Package PRO
Links SQL Plugins | Website Design and SEO | UltraNerds | ULTRAGLobals Plugin | Pre-Made Template Sets | FREE GLinks Plugins!
Quote Reply
Re: [Andy] I would Still Look For The Erstwhile Response Times On Forum In reply to
Hi Andy.

Not complaining against the User to User "help" which beyond doubt has been perfect. It's sometimes that a query goes on unattended for days/weeks and perhaps needs a reply from GT. This is where i have personally seen a marked change over the years.

Thanks
Anup
Quote Reply
Re: [anup123] I would Still Look For The Erstwhile Response Times On Forum In reply to
This is also summer vacation times, with shorter staffs and higher family pressures. July is always a slow month, retail wise, because of that. Everyone has something to do. You can't hire/train skilled people to cover a few weeks a year....

PUGDOG� Enterprises, Inc.

The best way to contact me is to NOT use Email.
Please leave a PM here.
Quote Reply
Re: [pugdog] I would Still Look For The Erstwhile Response Times On Forum In reply to
Hmm Perhaps i picked up Community in the wrong month :/
Hopefully things would start looking brighter in coming weeks unless of course the posts made by me are put in the cat/sub-cat of *permanent* ignore. But one does feel low when despite having a *bug-fix* and declaration that all subsequent downloads have the correct version of libs, user spends days to debug (not everyone is an expert to do it in hours) only to find that incorrect lib issue was there.

Thanks
Anup

Last edited by:

anup123: Aug 3, 2004, 12:18 PM
Quote Reply
Hi,

While we do try and maintain a strong presence on the forum, if you have urgent problems, or problems affecting your site that require immediate attention, please use our support form which will create a support ticket.

Cheers,

Alex
--
Gossamer Threads Inc.
Quote Reply
Re: [Alex] I would Still Look For The Erstwhile Response Times On Forum In reply to
Hi Alex.

I would still like to mention that fixes which are available should make it's way to all subsequent downloads. As a reference point, GCom still does not have the fixes with respect to certain things which have either been declared as fixed BY GT or A Fix has been posted on Forum by users. The most recent one is the wrong paths issue in GC wrt GMail import (for which fix was posted in Nov 2003).

Opening a support ticket does indeed shorten the response time but subsequent upgrades could only lead to re-opening the support tickets on same issue which i am sure you would agree that involves recurring cost at GT's end too for the same problem with multiple users with every upgrade.

Just a request that the downloads be updated with all the fixed bug fixes already declared / attended to so that the confidence while doing upgrades is not leading to missed heart beats.

Thanks
Anup
Quote Reply
Re: [Alex] I would Still Look For The Erstwhile Response Times On Forum In reply to
Very little presence in the DBManSQL forum, there are more "0" replies (in all sub catagories) than any other forum.
I would have thought "Pre Sales" would have been a very important thing for GT to keep up with if they wanted to sell more DBManSQL licenses.
Reading through the forum I get the impression DBManSQL is not one of the popular products and therefore doesn't get the support.
jp_man.
Quote Reply
Re: [jp_man] I would Still Look For The Erstwhile Response Times On Forum In reply to
Hi,

Thanks for the feedback! We'll work on improving that!

Cheers,

Alex
--
Gossamer Threads Inc.