Gossamer Forum
Home : Gossamer Threads Inc. : Discussion :

template inheritance for language and globals

Quote Reply
template inheritance for language and globals
Hi,

Posting this here since I think it applies to multiple GT products.

I know that the GT templating system supports inheritance via .tplinfo files. So, for example, I can use:

Code:
{
inheritance => '../default'
}

to make a template set use the default if a particular file doesn't exist.

But this doesn't seem to work for globals or language variables. Do those files just need to be copied to each template directory if I want the same options? Or is there some way to implement inheritance for this?

Thanks.

Fractured Atlas :: Liberate the Artist
Services: Healthcare, Fiscal Sponsorship, Marketing, Education, The Emerging Artists Fund

Last edited by:

hennagaijin: Oct 27, 2003, 10:05 AM
Quote Reply
Re: [hennagaijin] template inheritance for language and globals In reply to
Hi,

It does work for globals and language, however older versions of our software do not support it. Gossamer Forum 1.2.0, Gossamer Mail 2.2.0 are the only ones that support this right now I think.

Cheers,

Alex
--
Gossamer Threads Inc.
Quote Reply
Re: [Alex] template inheritance for language and globals In reply to
Gotcha. Fair enough. If I've got a licence for both GForum and DBManSQL, is there any way I can copy one of the *.pm files from the GForum installation over to a DBManSQL directory to get this feature? Or is it more complicated than that? Thanks.

Fractured Atlas :: Liberate the Artist
Services: Healthcare, Fiscal Sponsorship, Marketing, Education, The Emerging Artists Fund
Quote Reply
Re: [hennagaijin] template inheritance for language and globals In reply to
Hi,

It's more complicated then that unfortunately. For DBMan SQL, it requires updating it to use a GT::Config object to handle the language and the globals files.

Cheers,

Alex
--
Gossamer Threads Inc.
Quote Reply
Hi Alex

can you give us an update about which GT products support inheritance for globals.txt and language.txt right now?
It would be great if DBMan SQL could be modified to make it work. Thank you very much for letting us know.

All the best
Smileliver
Quote Reply
Yes, I aggree.

As registered DBManSQL user I would also appreciate, if global.txt inheritance would work in DBManSQL, too.

Best regards,
Webmaster33

Paid Support
from Webmaster33. Expert in Perl programming & Gossamer Threads applications. (click here for prices)
Webmaster33's products (upd.2004.09.26) | Private message | Contact me | Was my post helpful? Donate my help...