Gossamer Forum
Home : Gossamer Threads Inc. : Discussion :

Payment system suggestion =) (GLinks)

Quote Reply
Payment system suggestion =) (GLinks)
Hi,

I thought I would post this here - as my suggestions tend to get lost in the GLinks forums Wink

I've got a client who asked me to setup their system, so that different categories demand different pricing.

For example (I can imagine this would be something quite a few people would want btw - for their more "poopular" categories ;))

Category A
-- normal payment price
Category B
-- normal payment price
Category C
--- special price (in this case, cos its a dedicated "advertisers" section - and not a normal area, where people add their businesses generally)

Any chance of this being added?

ATM, I'm gonna have to write something that will work on-par with the above (which isn't ideal, as it means I gotta edit some main files :P)

TIA

Andy (mod)
andy@ultranerds.co.uk
Want to give me something back for my help? Please see my Amazon Wish List
GLinks ULTRA Package | GLinks ULTRA Package PRO
Links SQL Plugins | Website Design and SEO | UltraNerds | ULTRAGLobals Plugin | Pre-Made Template Sets | FREE GLinks Plugins!
Quote Reply
Re: [Andy] Payment system suggestion =) (GLinks) In reply to
Does the per category payments not work for this? If you use the admin side category browser, view the category, then "Add/Edit Payment Terms".

Adrian
Quote Reply
Re: [brewt] Payment system suggestion =) (GLinks) In reply to
Hi,

Thanks for the reply :)

I've had a look, but can't see that option? (assuming I'm in the right place =))

Browser > [expand cats] > Select a category

..then I see:
Quote:
Browse: Bride - Health and Beauty

Browse | Add Cat | Add Link | Edit | Delete | Move | Editors | Related | Search | Validate Links | Validate Changes | Validate Reviews

Can't see that option you were talking about?

TIA Smile

Andy (mod)
andy@ultranerds.co.uk
Links SQL Plugins | Website Design and SEO | UltraNerds | ULTRAGLobals Plugin | Pre-Made Template Sets | FREE GLinks Plugins!
Quote Reply
You must not have payments enabled if you don't see it. That or you're not using the admin side browser.

Adrian
Quote Reply
Hi,

Payments are enabled.. and I am using the admin "Browse" feature Unsure

TIA

Andy (mod)
andy@ultranerds.co.uk
Quote Reply
I thought I'd used this in the past but when I looked today. On each category there is a field for entering the payment description and a drop down box for making the payment the global setting or optional- but no field for entering a price.
Quote Reply
Re: [Alba] Payment system suggestion =) (GLinks) In reply to
LOL, I didn't even know it was a feature until Adrian told me yesterday =)

Problem is, I can't find the link he's talking about Frown

Cheers

Andy (mod)
andy@ultranerds.co.uk
Quote Reply
Provided you have payments enabled with both a payment & method setup, then use the 'browse' in admin to select the category you want to alter. Select 'edit' for that category and you'll find the payment info has appeared- problem is there is no field for inserting the payment amount for that category- I'm sure there used to be?
Quote Reply
Hi,

Yeah, I see the Payment_Description field (knew about that - but thought it was just for entering blurb on a per-category basis =))

I can't work out why its not showing the link that Adrian said about though :(

Cheers

Andy (mod)
andy@ultranerds.co.uk
Quote Reply
Andy wrote:
I can't work out why its not showing the link that Adrian said about though
Me neither, I'm sure the payment fields used to be there, can't remember what version it was in. I wonder if it got missed out on the templates?
Quote Reply
Hopefully Adrian can shed some light when he sees this Smile

Cheers

Andy (mod)
andy@ultranerds.co.uk
Quote Reply
Another possibility is that your templates are being overridden (ie. templates in local), or they aren't inheriting from the browser template.

Adrian
Quote Reply
Quote:
problem is there is no field for inserting the payment amount for that category- I'm sure there used to be?
It should be there. Screenshot?

Adrian
Quote Reply
Hi,

brewt wrote:
Another possibility is that your templates are being overridden (ie. templates in local), or they aren't inheriting from the browser template.

Thanks for the reply. I just took a look, and doesn't seem like it :/

/site.co.uk/cgi-bin/admin/templates/browser

..doesn't even have a "local" folder? I can give you FTP + GLinks access if thats easier? (its hosted on one of your servers anyway :))

TIA

Andy (mod)
andy@ultranerds.co.uk
Quote Reply
Sure, which server, and what url.

Adrian
Quote Reply
Oh, I remember now... you have to first change the category's Payment Mode before you can modify its payment terms (and thus the link doesn't show up until it's changed). By default the payment mode is to use the global settings. First change it, then the link will show up.

Adrian
Quote Reply
Quote:
By default the payment mode is to use the global settings. First change it, then the link will show up.

OK, I've found it. Change the payment terms in the category to be different from the one setup in the global payment section and then the link appears in the top bar

Thanks

Last edited by:

Jack: Jun 15, 2009, 3:49 PM
Quote Reply
brewt wrote:
Oh, I remember now... you have to first change the category's Payment Mode before you can modify its payment terms (and thus the link doesn't show up until it's changed). By default the payment mode is to use the global settings. First change it, then the link will show up.
Hi,

Wahoo - that worked - thanks Smile

Cheers

Andy (mod)
andy@ultranerds.co.uk
Quote Reply
I am not able to understand this (how to setup different payment amounts for some categories). Could one of you please explain STEP by STEP.

Thanks
Quote Reply
Re: [socrates] Payment system suggestion =) (GLinks) In reply to
Ok, - I'm guessing you have payments enabled?

First - go into your admin area, and go onto "Browse"

Then, click "Edit" on the category you want to set the price for.

Find the "Payment Mode" option, and change it to either Optional or Required.

Then, update the category.

Now go back and edit the category again - and you should see "Add/Edit Payment Terms" at the top of the edit category form. From there, you can set the prices for the category.

Hopefully that explains things <G>

Cheers

Andy (mod)
andy@ultranerds.co.uk
Quote Reply
Ok, thanks Andy.

Questions:
How exactly do the "Manual Payment" work? If I select this option (manual), what else do I need to do? I do not have SSL on the server and so direct payment method such as paypal will not work for me but I would like to know if I can pass the payment amount (including discounts and per category amounts) to "add_success" template - from there I can send that information to the gateway of my choice.

Thanks
Quote Reply
Re: [socrates] Payment system suggestion =) (GLinks) In reply to
Manual payment is meant to be used for things like "Mail us a cheque" or other types of manual processing. When you get the payment, you would search for the payment id and manually validate their payment.

Adrian
Quote Reply
How do I make it so that payment is required only when a new link is added and not when a link is modified?

Thanks